‹ Acidemia Acidification ›
Meanings and phrases
- being or containing an acid; of a solution having an excess of hydrogen atoms (having a pH of less than 7)
- being sour to the taste; acid; acidulent; acidulous
- a hydrogen atom in an acid that forms a positive ion when the acid dissociates; acid hydrogen
- Amides hydrolyse in hot alkali as well as in strong acidic conditions.
- When consumed, most bacteria do not survive the acidic conditions of the human stomach.
- Under acidic conditions, the reaction is the reverse reaction of the Fischer esterification.
- This plant prefers acidic soils, in part to full sun.
- Silver Birch and Oak grow on the acidic soils.
- It commonly grows on acidic soils.
- Its taste is more acidic (due to citric acid).
- In the gas phase, alcohols are more acidic than in water.
- As lakes and rivers become more acidic biodiversity is reduced.
- The pH of the skin is between 4.5 and 6.2, slightly acidic.
- It is also aromatic and slightly acidic.
- It has a sour, slightly acidic taste.