‹ Activate Activating ›
Meanings and phrases
- (of sewage) treated with aeration and bacteria to aid decomposition
- (of e.g. a molecule) made reactive or more reactive; excited
- rendered active; e.g. rendered radioactive or luminescent or photosensitive or conductive
- (military) set up and placed on active assignment
- powdered or granular carbon used for purifying by adsorption; given orally (as a slurry) it is an antidote for some kinds of poisons; activated charcoal
- The metal is supported on activated carbon in order to maximize its surface area and activity.
- He was able to extend the life of activated carbon at least 7 times by using a microbial process.
- Advancements in the 1970s have seen activated carbon used in extracting gold from the leach solution.
- powdered or granular carbon used for purifying by adsorption; given orally (as a slurry) it is an antidote for some kinds of poisons; activated carbon
- The squadron was first activated in 1943.
- The squadron was first activated as the 317th Fighter Squadron.
- The squadron was first activated as the 319th Bombardment Squadron in 1942.
- The device opens when Josie touches it, and is activated when Vaughn touches it.
- Self-defense is also activated when a player attacks an Elf's summoned creature.
- The room was dark, though its automatic lights should have been activated when the tank's lid was opened.
- The squadron was first activated during World War II as the 322d Fighter Squadron.
- Other number fleets were activated during World War II and later deactivated, renumbered, or merged.
- The group was first activated during World War II as the 3rd Emergency Rescue Squadron at Keesler Field, Mississippi.
- The squadron was activated in the reserve in 1948.
- The squadron was activated in the reserves in 1949.
- In 1950, the squadron was activated in the reserves.
- The tunable elements scatter RF energy when activated.
- A shield is also available, although when activated it uses fuel and the ship cannot shoot.
- BRI-BAC, when activated, is reinforced by other specialised units of the Préfecture de police.
- On October 1, 1979, control of the range passed to the newly activated Eastern Space and Missile Center (ESMC).
- Since 15 February 1942 the newly activated 33rd Pursuit Squadron had been flying patrol over the waters north-west of Darwin.
- In March 1941 he was promoted to colonel and assigned as chief of staff of the newly activated IX Corps under Major General Kenyon Joyce.
- They could also be placed after an activated sludge process.
- They can form over the course of several weeks from a source of activated sludge exposed to light.
- Bioaugmentation is commonly used in municipal wastewater treatment to restart activated sludge bioreactors.
- Locations under construction but not activated.
- Sweden introduced female conscription in 2010, but it was not activated until 2017.
- When DCC is present and not activated by netrin it is proapoptotic, and represses tumour formation.