‹ Adopting Adoptive ›
Meanings and phrases
- the act of accepting with approval; favorable reception; acceptance; acceptation; espousal
- a legal proceeding that creates a parent-child relation between persons not related by blood; the adopted child is entitled to all privileges belonging to a natural child of the adoptive parents (including the right to inherit)
- the appropriation (of ideas or words etc) from another source; borrowing
- from the family who had given him or her up for adoption.
- They also have many cats up for adoption.
- 1967), whom she put up for adoption.
- Such combined systems are known as electromechanical systems and have widespread adoption.
- The widespread adoption of irising-in and out to begin and end scenes caught on in this period.
- Those quality models have been applied in industrial contexts but have not received widespread adoption.