‹ Ahab Ahem ›
Meanings and phrases
- having the leading position or higher score in a contest; in the lead; leading
- at or in the front; in front; before
- toward the future; forward in time; forward
- in a forward direction; onward; onwards; forward; forwards; forrader
- ahead of time; in anticipation; in advance; beforehand
- to a more advanced or advantageous position
- to a different or a more advanced time (meaning advanced either toward the present or toward the future)
- leading or ahead in a competition; out front; in the lead
- before the usual time or the time expected; early; too soon
- An aircraft "raid" was always planned ahead of time.
- Though it might be nice in future if they announced the complete card ahead of time.
- Those of the sons who had decided not to accept the role of chief disappeared ahead of time.
- exactly ahead or in front
- obtain advantages, such as points, etc.; gain; advance; win; pull ahead; make headway; gain ground
- His dream is to prove to his father that he did not need to get ahead.
- Hayes was unable to get ahead of Melnyk, held to the outside of their penultimate turn.
- He has a passion for helping young people, including students from all cultures, to get ahead.
- proceed (with a plan of action); plow ahead
- Karamanlis said income-tax cuts will go ahead.
- I'm going to go ahead, commit and live out a fantasy."
- Aymer is uncharmed, but preparations go ahead.
- proceed (with a plan of action); go ahead
- obtain advantages, such as points, etc.; gain; advance; win; make headway; get ahead; gain ground
- move forward; advance
- push one's way; barge; push forward
- This he refused to do, and his interview went ahead.
- The production went ahead without the sponsorship deal.
- The 2009 tour went ahead on 30 August 2009.
- Divisjon 20 points ahead of their closest rivals.
- They finished 220 points ahead of California.
- They are now four points ahead of Liverpool.
- The plan was fulfilled ahead of schedule in 1932.
- It opened in late 2011, under budget and ahead of schedule.
- The line opened on 3 November 2014, a year ahead of schedule.
- two Peugeot come out of the pits just two seconds ahead.
- 2 winning four seconds ahead of the Audi.
- , when another leap second was added, TAI is exactly 37 seconds ahead of UTC.
- Henri Louveau finish second just ahead of Yves Giraud-Cabantous.
- I was just ahead of the times!"
- Bobby Isaac was just ahead of James Hylton, and Bobby Allison was close behind.
- He is considered to have been fifty years ahead of his time.
- This integration continued successfully for five years ahead.
- The buyout was completed in 1979, five years ahead of schedule.
- Australia was well ahead by the end of the second day.
- The investiture came well ahead of any expected succession.
- This growth until recently surged well ahead of city services.
- Sidney Cotton's aerial photographs were far ahead of their time.
- The things he was teaching was so far ahead of what others were teaching."
- Future championships as far ahead as 2024 have been scheduled at the UD Arena.
- They finished half a point ahead of a field that included three former World Champions.
- A year later, Pescadores narrowly lost the title to Agrária, who finished a point ahead.
- However, Juventus still managed to win the league, one point ahead of second-placed Hellas.
- His style is smooth jazz and straight ahead jazz.
- The Circle has 3 other roads to its left, right and straight ahead.
- None of this happened to Oprah – she is a straight ahead success story.
- Groundbreaking for the towers were held on January 2005, months ahead of its official launching.
- Forty-five months later (six months ahead of schedule) the bridge was inaugurated on 6 August 1966.
- "Grand Masti" was submitted to the censor board three months ahead of its release date in June 2013.
- However, a recount showed that Harrison finished ahead of Greenwood.
- Degenkolb finished ahead of 's Nacer Bouhanni and rider Daniele Bennati.
- He finished ahead of Kovalainen in four of the last five races of the season.
- Poole finally moved ahead of Randall's time at Crawford, across the border into Scotland.
- In recent years, Retail Concentration moved ahead with fusions and acquisitions along the entire food supply chain.
- The day's breakaway was made up of eight riders, who all moved ahead of the main field inside the opening of the stage.
- Sörenstam won the event with 261 (–27), two strokes ahead of runner-up Se Ri Pak.
- Jason Dufner won his first major title, two strokes ahead of runner-up Jim Furyk.
- Justin Rose won his first major title, two strokes ahead of runners-up Jason Day and Phil Mickelson.
- He started 4/5 favourite ahead of British challenger Olympic Glory, three-year-old gelding No Jet Lag, and Silver Max.
- Veles started favourite ahead of Doricles, Orchid (Champagne Stakes) and Lord Bobs (Dewhurst Stakes) in a field of seventeen.
- The July Stakes winner Diableretta started favourite ahead of Stella Polaris (Cornwallis Stakes) with Camaree next in the betting on 10/1.
- The line opened on 3 November 2014, a year ahead of schedule.
- Whole plant will be up and running one year ahead of schedule".
- See '2014: the year ahead'.
- Telstar ended the season in 18th place, finishing ahead of relegated FC Oss on goal difference.
- Labour came second with 24.4% of the vote, finishing ahead of the Conservatives but behind the UKIP.
- By finishing ahead of some well-regarded horses, he established himself as a leading contender for the St Leger.
- ", meaning “A step ahead” (literally, “An idea further”).
- She had to keep a step ahead of the F.B.I.
- In all other cases, the attacker is one step ahead of you.
- Turkington took victory again in race two with Austin second ahead of Shedden.
- Alain Menu secured pole position for Chevrolet's home race with Tarquini second ahead of Muller and Huff.
- In 2007 he won the Hamburg Marathon in 2:07:32, one second ahead of Wilfred Kigen, setting again a personal best.
- The film was completed in six weeks, two days ahead of schedule, and under budget.
- It's pathetic, people wallow in misery and accept anything – 'Have a cup of tea, good days ahead."
- Three days ahead of schedule C Company was suddenly ordered to cross the Arghandab River and move into Pashmul.
- There is confirmation that the raid is still going ahead.
- They soon start getting doubts about going ahead with their suicides.
- Despite the storyline going ahead, Fiona never returned to the street.
- Alec Bennett won the 1926 Junior TT a full ten minutes ahead of the next rider.
- On his ride he caught up and overtook Alberto Contador who started two minutes ahead.
- He kept racing as fast as he could, and finished four minutes ahead of Antonio Pesenti.
- Similarly, to jump back by one 33-year cycle, move ahead by one weekday.
- This win allowed the Cardinals to move ahead of the Braves by game for best record in the NL.
- The film title was registered in 2010, however, Saini could not move ahead due to lack of funds.
- These invasion plans also did not go ahead.
- The race did not go ahead and was not included in the 2014 calendar.
- Construction of the prototype did not go ahead, but the plans were retained.
- Javier González put the home team ahead in the first half.
- Kotarski was made the third keeper of the first team ahead of the 2018–19 Eredivisie season.
- In December 2017, Jean Lucas was definitely promoted to the first team ahead of the 2018 season by manager Reinaldo Rueda.
- He moved to the U23s squad ahead of the 2017–18 season.
- On 6 August 2018, Hansen named a 33-man squad ahead of the Championship.
- He was named as the player to watch in the squad ahead of the tournament.
- Suddenly Rhodes' aircraft pulled ahead of Nettleton’s.
- His aircraft accelerated and pulled ahead of Nettleton’s.
- Over the next few days, Cisneros pulled ahead of Young Kim.
- He is hesitant but Mishti goes ahead and buys The Shed.
- He ignores her warning, and goes ahead with his efficiency plan.
- In spite of this, Consuelo goes ahead with her pregnancy and gives birth to a girl.
- Detroit finished the season two games ahead of Toronto, securing the best record in the majors (98–64).
- The Red Sox won the newly realigned American League East in 1995, finishing seven games ahead of the Yankees.
- The NL champion Dodgers finished the regular season with a record of 98–55, games ahead of the Milwaukee Braves.
- Revenue was three lengths backin third place ahead of Pietmaritzburg.
- A sixteenth place overall finish saw him one place ahead of works Peugeot driver Tim Harvey.
- At four seconds, German Trixi Worrack won the sprint for second place ahead of van Moorsel and Melchers.
- Kiri was way ahead of Nauman & Palak in the task.
- (Daniels) remarked "look there" and spurred his horse up, going way ahead.
- Four days later, after making camp, he observed the way ahead was "... a veritable chaos of iceblocks stretching as far as the horizon."
- Burghardt turned professional in 2005, and won the UCI ProTour race Gent–Wevelgem in 2007, ahead of teammate Roger Hammond.
- He continued this scoring run in 2017, with goals against Georgia, Wales, and Moldova, putting him ahead of teammate Dušan Tadić as the group's top goalscorer.
- In the free skate he was more successful, landing both of his planned quads, and placed fourth, to finish in fourth place overall, moving ahead of teammate Conrad Orzel.
- This put Thomson ahead of other package tour operators.
- In this ranking, points were won by reaching the summit of a climb ahead of other cyclists.
- 11 and again ahead of all countries more populous and ahead of other states in the Americas.
- Crunchyroll and Hikari TV broadcast the episodes four weeks ahead of its TV broadcast.
- "Batman & Robin" finished filming in late January 1997, two weeks ahead of the shooting schedule.
- WhiteWater World opened three weeks ahead of schedule on 8 December 2006 after a week of previews.
- In this competition, I got ahead before 60m, however, other competitors overtook me after 80m.
- At times the construction work got ahead of the design, with different materials used than specified in the plans.
- Bush later described the Babe's final blast: "He [Ruth] got ahead of the ball and hit it over the triple deck, clear out of the ballpark.
- Auer finished third ahead of Cassidy, who moved into second place in the championship.
- Successful online player Sorel Mizzi from Toronto finished third ahead of Irishmen Danny McHugh (4th), Brian O'Keeffe (5th) and Nicky Power (6th).
- He received 6,552 votes (16%), coming third ahead of the Liberal Democrats, but closely behind the second place Conservatives, who received 7,076 votes.