‹ Airy Aisles ›
Meanings and phrases
- a long narrow passage (as in a cave or woods)
- passageway between seating areas as in an auditorium or passenger vehicle or between areas of shelves of goods as in stores; gangway
- part of a church divided laterally from the nave proper by rows of pillars or columns
- The north aisle and the porch are both buttressed.
- The north aisle was added in the 18th century.
- The church consists of a nave, chancel and north aisle.
- In the south aisle is an eighteenth-century font.
- The south aisle is also thought to have been refaced.
- A south aisle was added in the 15th century.