‹ Anaximenes Ancestors ›
Meanings and phrases
- someone from whom you are descended (but usually more remote than a grandparent); ascendant; ascendent; antecedent; root
- worship of ancestors
- This bears resemblance to modern ancestor worship.
- These included royal ancestor worship and the specific vodun practices of the kingdom.
- Masubia religion is based on ancestor worship, wherein the deceased ancestors are regarded as guardian spirits.
- The clan derives its name from its common ancestor: "Ekpeti".
- It is unclear if the last common ancestor had one or two cilia.
- They are probably similar to the common ancestor of the two groups.
- The direct ancestor to the violoncello was the bass violin.
- No specific African musical form can be identified as the single direct ancestor of the blues.
- It is not considered a direct ancestor of birds, though it is possibly closely related to the true ancestor.
- They share a relatively recent common ancestor and a language group (Eskimo-Aleut).
- Cousins that are related to same-sex siblings of their most recent common ancestor are parallel cousins.
- L0 is one of two branches from the most recent common ancestor (MRCA) for the shared human maternal lineage.
- The last common ancestor of all eukaryotes was a ciliated cell with centrioles.
- A half billion years later, the last common ancestor of all current life arose.
- He was the ancestor of all the Counts Tolstoy, including the novelist Leo Tolstoy (September 9 [O.S.