‹ Ancestry Anchorage ›
Meanings and phrases
- a mechanical device that prevents a vessel from moving; ground tackle
- a central cohesive source of support and stability; mainstay; keystone; backbone; linchpin; lynchpin
- a television reporter who coordinates a broadcast to which several correspondents contribute; anchorman; anchorperson
- fix firmly and stably; ground
- secure a vessel with an anchor; cast anchor; drop anchor
- the chain or rope that attaches an anchor to a vessel; anchor rope
- a light in the rigging of a ship that is riding at anchor; riding light; riding lamp
- a toroidal shape; ring; halo; annulus; doughnut
- the chain or rope that attaches an anchor to a vessel; anchor chain
- secure a vessel with an anchor; anchor; drop anchor
- secure a vessel with an anchor; anchor; cast anchor
- a light anchor for small boats; grapnel
- an anchor used to hold a mooring buoy or a channel marker in place
- an anchor used for semipermanent moorings; has a bowl-shaped head that will dig in however it falls
- restraint consisting of a canvas covered frame that floats behind a vessel; prevents drifting or maintains the heading into a wind; drogue
- spare anchor for use in emergency; waist anchor
- spare anchor for use in emergency; sheet anchor
- heave up an anchor in preparation for sailing; weigh the anchor
- “The news anchor came storming in and quit at 3:30.
- Rapp was Antenne 2's news anchor from 1983 to 1987.
- In 1986, Brucato sought a news anchor position in Boston.
- Its two anchor stores are J. C. Penney and Macy's.
- Its anchor stores are Bloomingdale's and Macy's.
- Its anchor stores are Macy's and JCPenney.
- He was sports anchor for WNBC-TV and for WTVJ-TV.
- Acerbic sports anchor Al Ackerman initiated the phrase "Bless You Boys".
- A year later, he became a weekend sports anchor at WDTN in Dayton, Ohio.
- Sears was the only original anchor store that remained.
- Nordstrom closed in 2016, leaving a vacant anchor store.
- The only current anchor store is Macy's.
- The mall secured H&M as an anchor tenant in 2007.
- Quest Ventures is also the largest anchor tenant at JTC Launchpad.
- When the renovation process ended, a new anchor tenant was in place: la Baie.
- She was previously a news anchor and reporter for CNN.com, HLN and CNN TV.
- Shaw began his broadcasting career as an anchor and reporter for WNUS in Chicago.
- In April 1993, Daniels joined WBBM-TV in Chicago, Illinois as an anchor and reporter.
- In February 2016, Raworth replaced Kirsty Young as main anchor of "Crimewatch".
- During her first year back at Channel 5, Brucato anchored the 10:00 p.m. news until a new main anchor team was in place.
- Membership in the franc zone, the main anchor of stability, has nevertheless helped contain pressures on domestic prices.
- Christopher Columbus first dropped anchor in Costa Rica in 1502 at Isla Uvita.
- She cleared Newport on 3 January and dropped anchor in Guantanamo Bay 11 days later.
- After the radio transmission, "Bowbelle" travelled downstream to Gallions Reach, where she dropped anchor.
- It housed anchor tenants of Target Australia and Safeway.
- The original anchor tenants of the mall were J. C. Penney, Jordan Marsh, and Lord & Taylor.
- Among the anchor tenants at these malls are Wal-mart, Canadian Tire, Safeway, Costco and Sobeys.
- At CFCF-TV he served as weekend anchor of "Pulse".
- She was succeeded as weekend anchor by Pascale Nadeau.
- In 2008, Jarvis became a correspondent and weekend anchor for "Global National".