‹ Astronomic Astronomically ›
Meanings and phrases
- relating or belonging to the science of astronomy; astronomic
- inconceivably large; astronomic; galactic
- a unit of length used for distances within the solar system; equal to the mean distance between the Earth and the Sun (approximately 93 million miles or 150 million kilometers); AU
- any telescope designed to collect and record electromagnetic radiation from cosmic sources
- the time for the earth to make one revolution around the sun, measured between two vernal equinoxes; solar year; tropical year; equinoctial year
- The Upper Karoo is indeed an ideal site for an astronomical observatory.
- code: 120) is an astronomical observatory located near the village of Višnjan in Croatia.
- Count Yakov Bruce made the upper story his astronomical observatory, the first in Russia.
- The big 'if' lies in the astronomical observations; they may well be in error.
- Lasers originally developed for the SDI plan are in use for astronomical observations.
- Gravitational redshift has been measured in the laboratory and using astronomical observations.
- However, it is difficult to determine the distance to astronomical objects.
- Negative magnitudes for other very bright astronomical objects can be found in the table below.
- The MSU 0.6 meter telescope will be set up for viewing on selected astronomical objects throughout the evening.
- The following table contains some distances given in astronomical units.
- It orbits its parent star every 3.36 days at a distance of 0.042 astronomical units (AU).
- The dust continuum emission suggests a disk radius of approximately 400 astronomical units.