‹ Attempter Attempts ›
Meanings and phrases
- Controversy develops when attempting to prosecute radio broadcasters because of free speech issues.
- Some cash registers require a numeric password or physical key to be used when attempting to open the till.
- The banks found that when attempting joint projects the majority were often held back by a stubborn minority.
- Faust continues attempting to escape and tries to get one over on Krenner.
- The real Gavin spends much of this time attempting to escape his new prison.
- The painting depicts a variety of frightened animals attempting to escape a forest fire.
- In the early 2000s, the IFBB was attempting to make bodybuilding an Olympic sport.
- Banky is on the set when Jay and Silent Bob arrive, attempting to make Hollywood connections.
- "Drivers" serve to keep the prey running in a certain direction and follow them without attempting to make a catch.
- (Read the OSHA guidelines before attempting to install an antenna.)
- Dantas attacked with multiple knees, before attempting a flying knee.
- Drake decided to remain the winter in San Julian before attempting the Strait of Magellan.
- Samuel is attempting to get his work published.
- The Family was attempting to get him released.
- When attempting to get his back pay, Richardson was told by a naval pay clerk that he was dead.
- He slipped at the first bend whilst attempting to take the inside.
- They conclude that the alien life forms are attempting to take control of Romaine's body.
- More complications arise with the Salzburg police attempting to take Tristie into custody.
- Hudson was attempting to find the Northwest Passage.
- While attempting to find a boat to take him to Tokyo, he was apprehended on March 28.
- Nurse Humphreys made a quick search of the ward, desperately attempting to find June Anne.
- In doing so, she loses her rational mind, attempting to kill anything in her way.
- Salman Osar kills his brother, then is crushed by falling debris while attempting to kill his sister.
- Yehia's inner child is on trial: feeling unloved by the adult Yehia, this child is attempting to kill Yehia.
- Problems have been encountered attempting to use LED lighting on film and video sets.
- Rimmer finds Hollister attempting to use the escape pod, which jams as the radiation leak reaches him.
- They compete in teams, attempting to use their repertoire evasions and acrobatic leaps to avoid the cow's charges.
- He was arrested for attempting to break into a shop, but was too young to be tried as an adult.
- During the lab attack, the alpha male makes a butterfly-shaped crack while attempting to break through the glass to the laboratory.
- Canadian hip hop musicians have also continued to face obstacles when attempting to break into the American and international markets.
- Boats attempting to cross back to Harrison Island were soon swamped and capsized.
- A motorist was drowned inland from Carnarvon while attempting to cross a flooded creek.
- One death was reported after a man drowned while attempting to cross a river in southern Bhola Island.
- He lives on the outskirts of town, attempting to create order in his life.
- In 1888 Hogg sued the rail companies for attempting to create a monopoly, among other charges.
- But one thing is clear: before attempting to create something new, it is vital to have a good appreciation of everything that already exists in this field.
- In 1996, Lieberthal threw out 36% of runners attempting to steal.
- But while attempting to steal data from the House of Diamonds, he sets of an alarm.
- Tensions boil over when Ari becomes convinced that Terrence is attempting to steal Vince as a client.
- Fulvia died after this at Sikyon in Greece while attempting to reach Antony.
- Two helicopters attempting to reach the scene turned back due to bad weather.
- While patrolling offshore, "Shannon" had intercepted and captured a number of American ships attempting to reach the harbour.
- He said that they discharged the ministerial policemen for negligence and attempting to flee.
- With that in hand, he, Ivan, and Hank head outside to confront Michael, who is attempting to flee.
- Osamu and Nobuyo attract the attention of the police and are caught after attempting to flee with Yuri and Aki.
- As was attempting to enter port during a gale she wrecked on some reefs.
- This was then reworked into a fake burial chamber in an attempt to deceive thieves attempting to enter the king's tomb.
- They undertook a desperate march along the shores of Lake Constance, attempting to enter Switzerland via the alpine passes.
- But he was also attempting to capture the features of the land that most perplexed him.
- Reiner is accidentally killed by cartel members while they are attempting to capture him.
- The stakes were high as Cork were attempting to capture a first three in-a-row since 1954.
- These guns were placed for use against enemy forces attempting to land in Camp and Little Bays.
- The Jollys then escorted another CH-53, which had been struck while attempting to land its Marines.
- On June 13, 1968, a student pilot attempting to land in instrument meteorological conditions crashed north of the airport.
- Weightlifters who are attempting to gain mass quickly with no aesthetic concerns often choose to use the "dirty bulk" method.
- In attempting to gain employment at the United Nations Relief and Rehabilitation Agency (UNRRA), however, she was turned down.
- Ashur-nadin-ahhe I (1450–1431 BC) was courted by the Egyptians, who were rivals of Mitanni, and attempting to gain a foothold in the Near East.
- With everyone around her angrily attempting to prevent her from selling the family business, she becomes desperate to escape.
- On the homeward leg, prior to reaching St Helena, Younghusband had 11 seamen punished for attempting to prevent the flogging of one of their number.
- The U.S. Food and Drug Administration regulates this practice by attempting to prevent the introduction of any part of a cow's brain or spinal cord into livestock feed.
- Despite Prince's attempting to stop the Wolf from accepting the terms, he is powerless to prevent it.
- The 1940 cover art depicts Nancy and George attempting to stop Nancy's trunk from being removed from the ship.
- Contacting the Caligari Conclave, the Inquisitor is informed that Flavius Draken is located on Nereus Prime attempting to stop its invasion by the Alpha Legion Chaos Marines.
- The club became famous in Germany in the 1970s as a village club attempting to win promotion to the "Bundesliga".
- In the forecourt, a high shuttlecock will be met with a "net kill", hitting it steeply downwards and attempting to win the rally immediately.
- DC had attempted to compete with the now-surging Marvel by dramatically increasing its output and attempting to win the market by flooding it.
- Raul, attempting to save him, falls and is injured.
- This is a memorial trophy to Mrs Violet Murrell's bravery in attempting to save her hack, Garryowen from a fire.
- Two normal people become embroiled in the fate of the Fugue, attempting to save it from those who seek to destroy it.
- On the same day, the ARF accused Pashinyan of "attempting to establish one-party rule in Armenia".
- The expedition's ship, "Deutschland", became trapped in heavy sea ice while attempting to establish a shore base at Vahsel Bay.
- Dorieus was later defeated and killed at Eryx in Sicily (around 510BC) while attempting to establish a foothold in Western Sicily.
- Some bridges attract people attempting suicide, and become known as suicide bridges.
- He refused to appear at the next court session on , after attempting suicide the night before.
- He is defeated when Constantine manages to summon Lucifer to collect him by attempting suicide.
- Participants hold the hump for as long as possible, attempting to bring the bull to a stop.
- Won-ho is a police detective attempting to bring down Asia's biggest drug cartel run by a man called Mr. Lee.
- He modernized older classifications of race, attempting to bring the race concept into line with ideas in population biology.
- In the chaos, Creed panicked, killing Janice Hollenback, the CIA mole they were attempting to rescue.
- Most of the non-combat medals, including both of Sweeney's, were awarded for rescuing or attempting to rescue someone from drowning.
- Zhou Enlai, leading the Central Special Task Units (CSTU) of the CCP, organized an action attempting to rescue Peng Pai but this failed.