‹ Auckland Auctioned ›
Meanings and phrases
- a variety of bridge in which tricks made in excess of the contract are scored toward game; now generally superseded by contract bridge; auction bridge
- the public sale of something to the highest bidder; auction sale; vendue
- sell at an auction; auction off; auctioneer
- a platform from which an auctioneer sells; block
- a variety of bridge in which tricks made in excess of the contract are scored toward game; now generally superseded by contract bridge; auction
- a firm that conducts auctions
- Expert Sue Cubitt of the auction house had the works examined.
- The record-setting ball was consigned to an auction house on August 21.
- The original sold for £982,050 at Bonhams auction house in London on 20 March 2013.
- sell at an auction; auction; auctioneer
- an all-fours game in which the first card led is a trump; pitch
- the public sale of something to the highest bidder; auction; vendue
- a method of selling in which the price is reduced until a buyer is found
- Examples have sold at auction for well over $1M.
- The cottage was sold at auction on 30 May 2013.
- In 2006 it sold at auction for US$80 million.
- In a buyout, the company is first put up for auction.
- The station was put up for auction in 1940.
- Conan Doyle's house was put up for auction.
- Most Farnsley property was sold at public auction in early 1850.
- On 29 November, she was sold at public auction to A. M. Carpenter.
- Rolette's estate was sold at a sheriff's sale (i.e., public auction) in 1845.
- An online auction is essentially an auction on the internet.
- online auction of Star Trek items.
- In 1999, he partnered with UGO Networks on an online auction titled "Save Me!".
- It is periodically sent to over 100 auction houses around the world.
- They have also been widely sold by the auction houses Bonhams, Christie's, and artnet.
- In addition, Artsy partners with top auction houses, like Phillips, Christie's and Sotheby's.
- Since 2009, there has been a charity auction accompanying the Golden Foot event.
- One Los Angeles-based convention, Gallifrey One, has named its annual charity auction in May's memory.
- She has also served as the key note speaker for a charity auction hosted by the Junior Achievement branch in Canada.