‹ Banked Bankhead ›
Meanings and phrases
- a financier who owns or is an executive in a bank
- the person in charge of the bank in a gambling game
banker 's acceptance
- banking: a time draft drawn on and accepted by a bank; acceptance
banker 's bill
- a piece of paper money (especially one issued by a central bank); bill; note; government note; bank bill; bank note; banknote; Federal Reserve note; greenback
banker 's check
- a letter of credit issued by a bank or express company that is payable on presentation to any correspondent of the issuer; traveler's check; traveller's check
banker 's draft
- a draft drawn by a bank against funds deposited in another bank; bank draft
- a banker who deals chiefly in underwriting new securities; underwriter
- She was a 28-year-old investment banker at the time.
- Schroders was the lead investment banker.
- He was also a City investment banker.
- 6 June 1674 – 6 October 1721) was an English banker and politician.
- Art Garben was a banker and politician, and was referred to as Mr. Fairfield in his day.
- Jan S. Marais Jan S. Marais (April 23, 1919 - 2009) was a South African banker and politician.
- Khan is a merchant banker by training and started his career at the London firm of J. Henry Schroder Wagg & Co. Ltd.
- Henry Thornton, a merchant banker and monetary theorist has been described as the father of the modern central bank.
- Michael Verey Michael John Verey TD (12 October 1912 - 2000) was a British merchant banker and former chairman of Schroders.