‹ Boner Boneset ›
Meanings and phrases
- a percussion instrument consisting of a pair of hollow pieces of wood or bone (usually held between the thumb and fingers) that are made to click together (as by Spanish dancers) in rhythm with the dance; castanets; clappers; finger cymbals
Napier 's bones
- a set of graduated rods formerly used to do multiplication and division by a method invented by John Napier; Napier's rods
- (plural) the most basic facts or elements
- an inherited disorder characterized by an increase in bone density; in severe forms the bone marrow cavity may be obliterated; osteopetrosis; Albers-Schonberg disease
- Common finds included numerous flints, pottery and animal bones.
- Human and animal bones were decorated with incised symbols and scenes.
- The oracle bone script numerals were found on tortoise shell and animal bones.
- The cave was rediscovered by cavers in 1961, who found human bones.
- 16,000 human bones were found at the site, as well as 725 from birds.
- This work revealed various archaeological remains, including human bones.
- They represent between 25% and 50% of all broken bones.
- Players would often have to quit due to broken bones or other serious injuries.
- These episodes can result in physical injuries, including occasionally broken bones.
- The long bones are thin, hollow and very light.
- The phalanges are classed as long bones.
- In general, long bones are said to have a "head", "neck", and "body".
- The oldest goat bones found in Denmark have been dated to 3400 BC.
- The hyomandibula is a set of bones found in the hyoid region in most fishes.
- The bones found have been measured and compared to recent Japanese and the Minatogawa Man.
- Like other kogiids, it does not have nasal bones.
- large nasal bones and thick protruding brow ridges).
- The nasal bones are rather short and widely spaced from the premaxillae.