‹ Browning Brownish-black ›
Meanings and phrases
- of a color similar to that of wood or earth; brown; chocolate-brown; dark-brown
- a yellow color of low lightness with a brownish tinge
- "Dun" is a dull shade of brownish grey.
- Cocoon oval, hard, and brownish grey.
- The body is general brownish grey mottled with dark brown spots.
- It is a pale brownish to creamy coloured moth.
- Male has pale brownish wings often mottled with ochreous.
- Underside of wings is pale brownish.
- The male has the upperwings dark velvety brownish black.
- Eggs brownish black and spherical.
- Its eyes are brownish black.
- The caterpillar is dark brownish grey with a broad grey dorsal band.
- The hindwings of the females are dark brownish grey and also have a band.
- The color pattern of the shell is green, marbled and variegated with dark brownish red.