‹ Captor Captured ›
Meanings and phrases
- the act of forcibly dispossessing an owner of property; gaining control; seizure
- a process whereby a star or planet holds an object in its gravitational field
- any process in which an atomic or nuclear system acquires an additional particle
- the act of taking of a person by force; seizure
- the removal of an opponent's piece from the chess board
- succeed in representing or expressing something intangible
- attract; cause to be enamored; enamour; trance; catch; becharm; enamor; captivate; beguile; charm; fascinate; bewitch; entrance; enchant
- succeed in catching or seizing, especially after a chase; get; catch
- take possession of by force, as after an invasion; appropriate; seize; conquer
- bring about the capture of an elementary particle or celestial body and causing it enter a new orbit
- capture as if by hunting, snaring, or trapping; catch
- She has also worked as a motion capture actress.
- The actors remained on set to provide motion capture.
- He went to Japan to do the character's motion capture.
- They were eventually able to capture 14 Mauser rifles.
- In 1994 he was able to capture the title by outpointing Jesse James Leija.
- Lee was not able to capture the men in the redoubt and left the next morning.
- Players attempt to capture each other's pieces by hopping over them.
- During another attempt to capture Kafisha it is alleged he lost his eye.
- It was an attempt to capture the atmosphere of the group's live stage show.
- The Lithuanians managed to capture three Russian flags.
- Gentile managed to capture his highly unusual injury on video.
- Their attack was a success and they managed to capture Jin Zong alive.
- On his return he again failed to capture Hennebont.
- Despite a pursuit lasting several days, Revolutionary forces failed to capture them.
- Though a bold attempt, Pugazhendi has failed to capture the attention of the audience".
- Pule immediately went into hiding to avoid capture.
- Filipov committed suicide to avoid capture on the ground.
- London used his Sonic Stunner to avoid capture from Grant.
- The models presented here do not capture those effects.
- His studio recordings did not capture the essence of his live performances.
- It does not capture differences in the severity of poverty amongst the poor.
- Babur had a great ambition to capture the city.
- The Ukrainian Army did not manage to capture the city.
- In 219 BC, Philip V of Macedon tried to capture the city but without success.
- In order to capture dugongs and sea turtles, the hunters needed to maintain the utmost degree of stealth.
- The Choujin Enma had tasked him to join Team Super Phoenix in order to capture Neptuneman, who had cheated death.
- In order to capture the lucrative coal transport business, East Indian Railway laid lines up to Raniganj in 1855.
- carbon capture and storage, bioenergy and offshore wind power.
- Another long-term option is carbon capture directly from the air using hydroxides.
- Furthermore, they seek to construct at least one full-scale carbon capture demonstration plant by 2020.
- His army had previously attempted to capture the city in April 634, but without success.
- Some other Muslims also attempted to capture the fort, but they were unsuccessful as well.
- General Sam Lane (Lois' father) attempted to capture Superman, seeing him as an alien threat.
- Later Orana attempts to capture a terrorist named Warhead.
- Meanwhile, Kalabhairavan attempts to capture the Mookuththi.
- British intelligence also continued its attempts to capture McGlinchey.
- In 1643 La Tour tried to capture Port-Royal again.
- The British never again tried to capture Santa Cruz.
- Several times during the night the Arabs tried to capture the hill.
- The oral jaws are used to capture and manipulate prey by biting and crushing.
- In the April 1910 interview, he described three of the methods he used to capture African animals.
- The bag contained a forgotten camera that had been used to capture images of the first Moon landing.
- The mughal were unable to capture him.
- The Hizam troops seized intelligence material, but were unable to capture the terrorist.
- Valaenza was besieged again in 1696, but this time the French and Savoyards were unable to capture it.
- They resisted, inflicting some casualties, but then evaded capture.
- The pilots ejected, evaded capture, and were picked up by rescue helicopters.
- He evaded capture for approximately two months, suffering from frostbite and snow blindness.
- They are unsuccessful, as he manages to evade capture.
- Dollhouse managed to evade capture, however.
- Some members of the group manage to evade capture and continue with terrorist activities.
- The object of the game is to capture all of the opponent's pieces.
- First the knights should blockade the pawns and then capture all except one.
- Hikaru manages to capture all of the Freaky Monkey Five, except Yellow Monkey.
- But in trying to capture young animals alive, the deaths of older wild animals and animals used as bait did occur.
- From then on, it's a battle of wits between Woody and the German, the clockmaker trying to capture the elusive Woody.
- The Autobots mount a response, trying to capture the facsimile and a battle breaks out, with Prowl and Hot Rod capturing the facsimile.
- Natural deposits of plutonium and neptunium are produced by neutron capture in uranium ore.
- The s-process is a slow neutron capture of lighter elements inside pulsating red giant stars.
- The most stable of these is , decaying by electron capture with a half-life of ays.
- It decays by electron capture to stable K with a half-life of about a hundred thousand years.
- However, Dy decays primarily by alpha decay, and Dy and Dy decay primarily by electron capture.
- The MERV system measures a filter’s ability to capture large particles.
- VSN has an ability to capture images with different depth of focuses in the scene using several cameras.
- The higher the MPR, the better the filter’s ability to capture particles from the air as it passes through the filter.
- But he was also attempting to capture the features of the land that most perplexed him.
- Reiner is accidentally killed by cartel members while they are attempting to capture him.
- The stakes were high as Cork were attempting to capture a first three in-a-row since 1954.
- carbon capture and storage, bioenergy and offshore wind power.
- Carbon capture and storage (CCS) is explicitly excluded from the scenarios.
- The transition does not require Germany's nuclear phase-out ("") to be extended nor the construction of coal-fired plants with carbon capture and storage (CCS).
- That's what I wanted to capture".
- They wanted to capture performances that were immediate and intimate.
- We wanted to capture that feeling and have it sound a bit raucous and messy and euphoric.
- One person who escaped capture came and told Abram what happened.
- The three Yugoslav ships that escaped capture were used to create a KJRM-in-exile.
- The rear guard was the only contingent in the rebel army which sensed the danger and escaped capture.
- My writing is very honest, I just try to capture that moment as best as I can.
- In the meanwhile the soldiers standing outside see Jumbo running out of the tent and try to capture it.
- In the summer of 1655, the joint Russo-Cossack army approached the fortress, but did not try to capture it.
- He was seriously injured during the capture and had an arm amputated.
- He further stated that he had been asleep during the capture of the sloop "Francis".
- One year after (1830), he commanded the artillery in Africa during the capture of Algiers.
- The NDH forces encircled Drvar, but lacked the artillery to capture the town.
- The Polish army under Stefan Czarniecki failed to capture the town, defended by Ivan Bohun.
- Possession of Caen and its surroundings would give the Anglo-Canadian forces a suitable staging area for a push south to capture the town of Falaise.