‹ Conservatism Conservatively ›
Meanings and phrases
- a member of a Conservative Party
- resistant to change
- avoiding excess; cautious
- having social or political views favoring conservatism
- conforming to the standards and conventions of the middle class; bourgeois; materialistic
- unimaginatively conventional; - Newsweek; button-down; buttoned-down
- a person who is reluctant to accept changes and new ideas; conservativist
- Jew who keeps some requirements of Mosaic law but adapts others to suit modern circumstances
- Jews who keep some of the requirements of the Mosaic law but allow for adaptation of other requirements (as some of the dietary laws) to fit modern circumstances
- beliefs and practices of Conservative Jews
- a political party (especially in Great Britain or Australia) that believes in the importance of a capitalist economy with private ownership rather than state control
- Unlike in more conservative Germanic languages (e.g.
- Until then, his political views had been more conservative.
- Thereafter, it continued to develop in a more conservative manner.
- Channell became a conservative political fundraiser in 1979.
- She is a contributor to the conservative political website Politichicks.
- The book became an important reference text in conservative political circles.
- He is a socially conservative Catholic.
- This was amidst a homophobic campaign led by socially conservative critics of Portillo.
- Within the Conservative Party he joined the traditionalist and socially conservative Cornerstone Group.
- This modernization is opposed by most conservative "ulema".
- Thomas became one of the most conservative justices of his era.
- In 2009, he was rated the 39th most conservative member of the House.
- The BJP is the largest right-wing conservative party in the world.
- The conservative party led the government coalition from 1982 to 1993.
- It was the first time Alberta was not governed by an avowedly conservative party since 1934.
- He adopted very conservative accounting principles.
- On economic matters the party was very conservative.
- They may be very liberal or very conservative.
- Reacting to the Genevan revolution of 1841, he turned to conservative views.
- Since his dismissal from The Scorpions, Kottak has come out publicly about his politically conservative views.
- Staples said that had he been elected lieutenant governor, he would not have compromised his conservative views.
- AM 660 WORL, the home of Salem's conservative talk format, was sold.
- KDZR's format was switched to conservative talk, branded as "Talk 1640".
- His remark triggered a fusillade of criticism from conservative talk radio.
- He is a conservative politician born at Honam.
- He was a conservative politician and member of the Hohenwart Club.
- Pastrana was a Colombian conservative politician, President of Colombia in the period 1970-1974.
- It received fierce opposition from conservative groups.
- He was a member of conservative groups "Nurt" and Zachęta.
- The Commonwealth Liberal Party was formed in 1909 as a merger between several conservative groups.
- Kashuv considers himself to be politically conservative.
- Al-Tabtabaie is politically conservative.
- "The Sun" was the most politically conservative of the three.
- Within the CDU, Ziemiak represents the party’s more conservative wing.
- He is considered a key member, with Ray Zondo, of the Court's conservative wing.
- Barnes was a leader of the party's conservative wing, and was a key player in obtaining the nomination for Taft.
- The legislation was defeated by the more conservative members of Congress.
- Breteuil was contacted by conservative members of the queen's circle in 1789.
- In July 1647, the New Model Army invaded London and conservative members of Parliament were forced out.
- Succeeding Alain Juppé's conservative government, the Plural Left governed France from 1997 to 2002.
- It was in force until the fall of the conservative government of Field Marshal Vicente Cerna y Cerna.
- The conservative government also adopted environmental policies after establishing the Pakistan Environmental Protection Agency.
- Two conservative parties captured a combined 23 percent of the vote.
- Throughout its existence, the province was a stronghold of the conservative parties.
- There are a number of conservative parties in Switzerland's parliament, the Federal Assembly.
- Milliken is known as a political godfather to the American conservative movement.
- "The Seduction of Hillary Rodham" was the beginning of Brock's falling out with the conservative movement.
- The issue that forced him to leave the conservative movement was the movement's intolerance towards homosexuality.
- I still think of myself as a social conservative."
- Like Hostettler, Ellsworth identified as a social conservative.
- A former Democrat, Gilstrap is a fiscal and social conservative.
- Halbrook is both socially and fiscally conservative.
- He says he is fiscally conservative and socially liberal.
- He was endorsed by the fiscally conservative Club for Growth.
- He has also been an advocate for restoring the moral fabric of society and other conservative values.
- It was supported by parts of the "Reichswehr" (military) and other conservative, nationalistic and monarchist factions.
- This social change is creating tension within many denominations, and even schisms and mass walk-outs among Mormons and other conservative groups.
- Birmingham City Transport was a conservative operator will well-established principles - too conservative, some would say.
- According to Jerold Edmondson (2002), Laha is too conservative to be in Western Kra, considered t to constitute a branch of its own.
- One faction believed that under Madero's leadership the PCP had become far too conservative, failing to appeal to the social demands of the Revolution.
- Mora favored a conservative approach to the game, relying on a strong running game and solid defensive play.
- A more conservative approach was thus taken, to appease the Korean market, resulting in Fluidic Sculpture 2.0.
- His critics, both among fans and media reporters, often blamed his lack of success in the postseason to his conservative approach.
- These revolutions were eventually put down by conservative elements and few reforms resulted.
- The conservative elements were not happy and they launched attacks on the Kemalist reformists.
- Through his wife's family, Kapp acquired a family connection with politically conservative elements.
- Burke's views were a mixture of liberal and conservative.
- The church includes both liberal and conservative clergy and members.
- It meant that liberal and conservative prime ministers would succeed each other ending thus the troubles.
- National Alliance (Italy) National Alliance (, AN) was a conservative political party in Italy.
- He was leader of the conservative political party Homeland Union – Lithuanian Christian Democrats.
- Democratic Center Party (Turkey) Democratic Center Party () was a conservative political party in Turkey.
- Gove had been chairman of Policy Exchange, a conservative think tank launched in 2002.
- Gentry leads an informal network of fundraisers for conservative think tanks and advocacy groups such as Americans for Prosperity.
- He is last known for being on the advisory council of liberal conservative think tank Bright Blue, which advises the Conservative Party.