‹ Conspiring Constables ›
Meanings and phrases
- English landscape painter (1776-1837); John Constable
- a lawman with less authority and jurisdiction than a sheriff
- a police officer of the lowest rank; police constable
- the head of the police force in a county (or similar area)
- English landscape painter (1776-1837); Constable
- a police officer of the lowest rank; constable
- Upon his return, Wood made police constable.
- C R Patil joined the Surat police in 1975 as a police constable.
- The suspect was immediately shot dead by an accompanying police constable.
- In 1918, he moved to Birmingham to take on the role of assistant chief constable.
- The chief constable described the use of blue and white Ford Anglia panda cars in Kirkby in an article in "The Times" on 26 January 1966.
- A further change in the defence orders allowed games to go ahead in evacuation areas as long as the consent of the local chief constable had been obtained.