‹ Corners Cornerstones ›
Meanings and phrases
- the fundamental assumptions from which something is begun or developed or calculated or explained; basis; base; foundation; fundament; groundwork
- a stone in the exterior of a large and important building; usually carved with a date and laid with appropriate ceremonies
- a stone at the outer corner of two intersecting masonry walls
- The cornerstone was laid on October 12, 1889.
- The cornerstone was laid later that year.
- The cornerstone was laid in 1922.