‹ Descensus Describable ›
Meanings and phrases
- a movement downward
- properties attributable to your ancestry; origin; extraction
- the act of changing your location in a downward direction
- the kinship relation between an individual and the individual's progenitors; line of descent; lineage; filiation
- a downward slope or bend; declivity; fall; decline; declination; declension; downslope
- the descendants of one individual; lineage; line; line of descent; bloodline; blood line; blood; pedigree; ancestry; origin; parentage; stemma; stock
- line of descent traced through both the maternal and paternal sides of the family
- the kinship relation between an individual and the individual's progenitors; descent; lineage; filiation
- the descendants of one individual; lineage; line; descent; bloodline; blood line; blood; pedigree; ancestry; origin; parentage; stemma; stock
- Each family has its own history and line of descent.
- A cadet branch is a line of descent from another line than the senior-most.
- The epitaph gives a line of descent identifying Bodhidharma as the first patriarch.
- line of descent traced through one side of the family
- They also claimed descent from the Turkic Khazars.
- The dynasty claimed descent from Woden via Seaxnēat.
- Several ancient towns claimed descent from the deity.
- Gayle is of Jamaican descent through his father.
- She is of Sudanese descent through her father.
- Hedlund is of Finnish descent through his Finnish mother.
- Many castes today claim descent from Malayaman.
- His clan, the Ljubibratići, claim descent from the medieval Ljubibratić noble family.
- All of the earliest traditional Clan Mackenzie histories claim descent from a Fitzgerald progenitor.
- Mirza Mujčić Mirza Mujčić (born 7 April 1994) is a Swedish footballer of Bosnian descent who plays as a defender.
- Gaetano Manno Gaetano Manno (born 26 July 1982 in Hagen) is a German footballer of Italian descent who plays for SpVg Hagen 11.
- Sercan Sararer Sercan Sararer-Osuna (, born 27 November 1989) is a Turkish professional footballer of partial Spanish descent who plays as a winger.
- Creation science rejects evolution and the common descent of all living things on Earth.
- These features are evidence of common descent from a hypothetical ancestor, Proto-Arabic.
- Besides providing evidence of common descent, he introduced a mechanism to explain it: natural selection.