‹ Deviations Devices ›
Meanings and phrases
- an instrumentality invented for a particular purpose
- something in an artistic work designed to achieve a particular effect
- any clever maneuver; gimmick; twist
- any ornamental pattern or design (as in embroidery)
- an emblematic design (especially in heraldry)
- a device for amplifying or transmitting sound
- an agent or device intended to prevent conception; contraceptive; preventive; preventative; contraceptive device; prophylactic device
- a device that facilitates breathing in cases of respiratory failure; breathing apparatus; breathing machine; ventilator
- any of a large class of implements used for cleaning; cleaning implement; cleaning equipment
- a machine for performing calculations automatically; computer; computing machine; data processor; electronic computer; information processing system
- an agent or device intended to prevent conception; contraceptive; preventive; preventative; prophylactic device; birth control device
- a device that can be used to insert data into a computer or other computational device; input device
- a mechanical or electrical explosive device or a small amount of explosive; can be used to initiate the reaction of a disrupting explosive; detonator; cap
- any measurable property of a device measured under closely specified conditions; characteristic
- (computer science) a program that determines how a computer will communicate with a peripheral device; driver
- These files may come as part of the operating system, a third-party device driver or other sources.
- By 1996, the growing popularity of Microsoft Windows simplified device driver and memory management.
- For example, the Linux Amiga framebuffer device driver allows the use of several other display modes.
- any flexible device that will return to its original shape when stretched
- a device that produces or is powered by electricity
- a mechanical device that is operated by electricity
- a device that accomplishes its purpose electronically
- An example of an electronic device that uses linear circuits is a sound system.
- It is used to communicate PCM audio data between integrated circuits in an electronic device.
- It includes any handheld electronic device that is specifically designed for audio translation.
- a device designed to provide exercise for the user
- device that bursts with sudden violence from internal energy
- This may or may not be an explosive device.
- Jan's vehicle passed an improvised explosive device on the roadside.
- This included at least one which was damaged in Edinburgh with a home made explosive device.
- rescue equipment consisting of a buoyant belt or jacket to keep a person from drowning; life preserver; preserver
- a system of equipment for automatically guiding the path of a vehicle (especially a missile); guidance system
- a device for holding something
- the mechanism in a guided missile that guides it toward its objective
- an explosive device that is improvised; I.E.D.; IED
- Jan's vehicle passed an improvised explosive device on the roadside.
- The IDF Spokesperson's unit reported Palestinians threw an improvised explosive device towards soldiers.
- A car bomb is an improvised explosive device that is placed in a car or other vehicle and then exploded.
- a device that can be used to insert data into a computer or other computational device; data input device
- contraceptive device consisting of a piece of bent plastic or metal that is inserted through the vagina into the uterus; IUD
- a device for lifting heavy loads
- instrument that shows the extent or amount or quantity or degree of something; measuring instrument; measuring system
- mechanism consisting of a device that works on mechanical principles
- An example of a mechanical device which is bistable is a light switch.
- It would have been the first mechanical device to be, in principle, Turing-complete.
- A release aid is a mechanical device designed to give a crisp and precise loose of arrows from a compound bow.
- a device that preserves information for retrieval; storage device
- display produced by a device that takes signals and displays them on a television screen or a computer monitor; monitor
- a device for producing or controlling light
- electronic or electromechanical equipment connected to a computer and used to transfer data out of the computer in the form of text, images, sounds, or other media
- (computer science) electronic equipment connected by cable to the CPU of a computer; peripheral; computer peripheral
- any personality test designed to yield information about someone's personality on the basis of their unrestricted response to ambiguous objects or situations; projective test; projective technique
- an agent or device intended to prevent conception; contraceptive; preventive; preventative; contraceptive device; birth control device
- corrective consisting of a replacement for a part of the body; prosthesis
- a use of language that creates a literary effect (but often without regard for literal significance)
- a device designed to prevent injury or accidents; guard; safety
- a conductor made with semiconducting material; semiconductor unit; semiconductor
- a device used to send signals
- a device that preserves information for retrieval; memory device
- The single storage device can then be managed uniformly.
- from a bootable CD or USB storage device.
- It was used in computers of the 1940s as a random-access digital storage device.
- a device that signals the occurrence of some undesirable event; alarm; alarm system
- The modius was a measuring device used to measure grain/corn.
- Clock A clock is a device used to measure, keep, and indicate time.
- The rattle was a noise-making device used for calling for assistance.
- The worm can render the mobile device unstable.
- Motorola filed a patent application for mobile device applications in 2006.
- Google Android 4.2 enabled running RenderScript code on the mobile device GPU.
- Agre works as a medical device quality consultant.
- It is a FDA-cleared ECG medical device available for personal use.
- Adams is a partner in KD Healthcare USA, a medical device company.
- Amnesia is a common plot device in "film noir".
- Later in the episode, the towers serve as a plot device.
- Each mission revolved around a plot device with the initials WMD.
- The key to access one world is a magical device called an Octych.
- It used a device called the RamCard to increase its capabilities.
- They are created from pure Dalek DNA contained in a device called a "Progenitor".
- Most DOS files are real mode device drivers.
- An F6 disk contains device drivers in its root directory.
- A good example for virtual device drivers can be Daemon Tools.
- In 1975, she discovered that a tracking device had been placed on her car.
- As the tracking device goes off, Thomas finds the Code Keys in Kagura's pockets.
- Rome escapes in Van Buren's car, but abandons it due to a police tracking device.
- The ship cannot pick up a new device if one is already attached.
- The new device was operated by at least 10 men and costed 1200 marks.
- The first plans for the new device, along with laboratory model, were created at the WZT in 1955.
- A navigation device such as a compass or a GPS is recommended.
- At the lowest level, bits are stored in a bistable device such as a flip-flop.
- Sometimes the Knox Master Key is stored in a key retention device such as Sentralok or KeySecure.
- Boyce had such a device patented as early as 1917.
- In the US, such a device is typically powered by the host vehicle's 12 Volt electrical system.
- As a name for such a device, the word "ansible" first appeared in a 1966 novel by Ursula K. Le Guin.
- In the middle of this, he decides to purchase a nuclear device to use against them.
- They build and improvised nuclear device and plan to set it off at a summit in Geneva.
- The resulting overpressure from the detonation simulated the approximate equivalent airblast of an 8 kiloton nuclear device.
- These curlers may use a device known as a "delivery stick".
- The clocks would be set by a device known as a transit instrument.
- These two are sometimes combined to form a two-way communication device known as a transceiver.
- It also provides birth control device like condoms and pills at zero cost.
- This class of buoyancy aid is known as a buoyancy control device or buoyancy compensator.
- Prototype development and consumer testing was conducted to develop a new control device.
- MERCI Retriever The MERCI Retriever is a medical device designed to treat Ischemic Strokes.
- Artificial vagina An artificial vagina is a device designed to imitate the female sex organ.
- The Phraselator is a small speech translation PDA-sized device designed to aid in interpretation.
- A similar device is the Advanced Combat Optical Gunsight.
- Finally, the Light Blue Optics Light Touch is yet another similar device.
- The IBM 7702 was a similar device that could communicate at higher speeds.
- Later versions used a hydraulic cylinder and line to transmit the force to the recording device.
- While Teja steps out to confront the workers, we see Luka check on a recording device planted in Teja's office and contemplate turning it off.
- It will be contempt to bring an audio recording device or picture-taking device of any sort into an English court without the consent of the court.
- The particles are tumbled in a pan or other device.
- Many GPS receivers can relay position data to a PC or other device using the NMEA 0183 protocol.
- This also allowed a camera or other device to access the focal plane through a hole on the back of the Control Box.
- Sells also addresses the much-discussed repetitiveness of the Quran, seeing this, too, as a literary device.
- The epistolary form literary device was used to give the reader a personal and intimate impression of the manifesto.
- If it does, the literary device it uses is not considered "ullurai", but is classified as some other type of simile ("uvamai").
- The first device to use it was the Samsung Galaxy Note.
- The Sony Xperia XZ3 was the first device with Android Pie pre-installed.
- This is the first device in the Xperia XA line that has fingerprint sensor.