‹ Discriminating Discriminative ›
Meanings and phrases
- unfair treatment of a person or group on the basis of prejudice; favoritism; favouritism
- the cognitive process whereby two or more stimuli are distinguished; secernment
- immunity from discrimination on the basis of race or sex or nationality or religion or age; guaranteed by federal laws of the United States
- discriminatory or abusive behavior towards members of another race; racism; racialism
- Today, all modern voucher programs prohibit racial discrimination.
- Crain was constantly exposed to racial discrimination in the army.
- In 1998, four city employees filed charges of racial discrimination.
- discrimination (usually in employment) that excludes one sex (usually women) to the benefit of the other sex
- However, systematic discrimination against Albanians still existed.
- It prohibited unfair labor practices such as discrimination against union members.
- He described the purpose of the event "was to protest discrimination against the fat."
- This act bans discrimination based on disability.
- Employment discrimination based on sexual orientation varies by country.
- He also voted against bills to prohibit discrimination based on gender identity.
- His works emphasize social injustice, corruption and gender discrimination.
- They mostly focus on migrant rights, climate change, LGBTQ+ rights, and gender discrimination.
- After studying, she worked in employment law, LGBT and gender discrimination, and healthcare policy.
- Robinson was strongly against discrimination.
- In church teaching, there is a presumption against discrimination based on sexual orientation.
- The protests started on 28 March 2018, and are against discrimination towards the ethnic Arab minority.
- The court held that gay and lesbian pornography does constitute sex discrimination.
- Title IX, part of a federal civil rights statute enacted as part of the Education Amendments of 1972, prohibits sex discrimination.
- Thus, outside the United States, laws prohibiting sex discrimination in the educational system could have limited effect on sports programs.
- Rader is a lawyer who represents victims of employment discrimination.
- Unlike the Equality Act of 1974, the main focus of the ENDA was to end employment discrimination.
- This may apply to a wide range of abuses, ranging from domestic violence to employment discrimination.
- An 1868 Act would sanction religious discrimination.
- A 1999 law on religion prohibits religious discrimination.
- Cameroonian society is male-dominated, and violence and discrimination against women is common.
- The U.S. Department of State has stated that discrimination against women is a problem in Brunei.
- The discrimination against women which took many forms, continued into the late twentieth century.
- mixing serious and humorous strips without discrimination).
- All of these must be available to all without discrimination.
- Benefits from such a scheme must be adequate, accessible to all, and provided without discrimination.
- People of color face wide-ranging forms of discrimination in Greek life.
- CASSA is committed to the elimination of all forms of discrimination from Canadian society.
- The ILO identifies all these forms of discrimination as violations of international labor standards.
- Title VII prohibits discrimination.
- It is broad in that it prohibits discrimination under a potentially unlimited number of grounds.
- The Constitution of South Korea prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex, religion and social status.
- Silva and Jack Fette, another NFL official, sued the league for age discrimination in 1992.
- In response, several lawsuits were filed against Dick's and Walmart claiming age discrimination.
- The film focuses on the continuous battle against age discrimination faced by Dees and many like her.
- The defense boom benefited whites, but black workers were denied opportunities because of widespread racial discrimination in employment.
- The Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) was charged with interpreting the 1990 law with regard to discrimination in employment.
- Representatives of the Vodou and Muslim communities have reported social stigma against their communities, and discrimination in employment.