‹ Dockyard Doctor-fish ›
Meanings and phrases
- (Roman Catholic Church) a title conferred on 33 saints who distinguished themselves through the orthodoxy of their theological teaching; Doctor of the Church
- a licensed medical practitioner; doc; physician; MD; Dr.; medico
- children take the roles of physician or patient or nurse and pretend they are at the physician's office
- a person who holds Ph.D. degree (or the equivalent) from an academic institution; Dr.
- give medical treatment to
- alter and make impure, as with the intention to deceive; sophisticate; doctor up
- restore by replacing a part or putting together what is torn or broken; repair; mend; fix; bushel; furbish up; restore; touch on
Doctor of Arts
- an honorary arts degree; ArtsD
- a doctor's degree with a special disciplinary focus; D.A.
Doctor of Dental Medicine
- a doctor's degree in dental medicine; DMD
Doctor of Dental Surgery
- a doctor's degree in dental surgery; DDS
Doctor of Divinity
- a doctor's degree in religion; DD
Doctor of Education
- a doctor's degree in education; EdD; DEd
Doctor of Fine Arts
- an honorary degree in fine arts
Doctor of Humane Letters
- an honorary degree in letters
Doctor of Humanities
- an honorary degree in the humanities
Doctor of Laws
- an honorary law degree; LLD
Doctor of Medicine
- a doctor's degree in medicine; MD
Doctor of Music
- a doctor's degree in music; DMus; MusD
Doctor of Musical Arts
- a doctor's degree in musical arts; AMusD
Doctor of Optometry
- a doctor's degree in optometry; OD
Doctor of Osteopathy
- doctor's degree in osteopathy; DO
Doctor of Philosophy
- a doctorate awarded for original contributions to knowledge
Doctor of Public Health
- a doctor's degree in preventive medicine; DPH
Doctor of Sacred Theology
- a doctor's degree in theology; STD
Doctor of Science
- an honorary degree in science; DS; ScD
Doctor of Theology
- a doctor's degree in theology; ThD
- (Roman Catholic Church) a title conferred on 33 saints who distinguished themselves through the orthodoxy of their theological teaching; Doctor
- a specialist in the care of babies; pediatrician; pediatrist; paediatrician
- a medical specialist in the nervous system and the disorders affecting it; neurologist
- a doctor who practices in the country (rather than in a city) usually remote from a modern hospital
- alter and make impure, as with the intention to deceive; sophisticate; doctor
doctor 's bill
- statement of charges for medical services; medical bill
doctor 's degree
- one of the highest earned academic degrees conferred by a university; doctorate
- a physician who specializes in the ear and its diseases; ear specialist; otologist
- a specialist in the disorders of the ear or nose or throat; ENT man; otolaryngologist; otorhinolaryngologist; rhinolaryngologist
- a medical doctor specializing in the diagnosis and treatment of diseases of the eye; ophthalmologist; oculist
- a general practitioner who treats all the family members
- Pressly later became a well-known family doctor.
- Mr Verma, a friend of the Sinha brothers and a family doctor often comes there.
- Azhagappan (Parthiban) is the family's loyal servant, while Krishna (Napoleon) is their family doctor.
- brightly colored scaleless Arctic eelpout; Gymnelis viridis
- a specialist in care for the feet; chiropodist; podiatrist
- a therapist who heals by the use of herbs; herbalist
- a veterinarian who treats horses
- a doctor who specializes in the physiology and pathology of the skin; dermatologist
- slender-bodied non-stinging insect having iridescent wings that are outspread at rest; adults and nymphs feed on mosquitoes etc.; dragonfly; darning needle; devil's darning needle; sewing needle; snake feeder; mosquito hawk; skeeter hawk
- a public relations person who tries to forestall negative publicity by publicizing a favorable interpretation of the words or actions of a company or political party or famous person; spinmeister
- a person qualified to practice dentistry; dentist; dental practitioner
- someone who is believed to heal through magical powers
- Reverend Jondular (William L. Baker) is a witch doctor who helps Spanner use his powers.
- In some carvings the bishop appears as a witch doctor (native to 19th century east African culture).
- Kalbaryo later reveals herself to be a witch, born under her great grandfather who is a witch doctor.
woman 's doctor
- a specialist in gynecology; gynecologist; gynaecologist
- The first Northern Nigerian medical doctor, I.
- She married Ariel Ferreira, a medical doctor, in 1957.
- Bapt is a medical doctor and heart specialist.
- Influenced by his father, Samuel Tai also intended to become a doctor.
- Following 1914, he left baseball to become a doctor, but later returned to the sport.
- He then attended Bowdoin College, where he majored in pre-med with plans to become a doctor.
- He was an honorary doctor of ETH Zurich (1992).
- He was made an honorary doctor of the university in 2001.
- She was also made an honorary doctor by the University of Hamburg.
- Charles and Anne befriend the local doctor, Marinus Willet.
- His father, Ifor David Monger, was the local doctor and a published author and playwright.
- After the band of slaves passed the LaBranche plantation, they stopped at the home of the local doctor.
- He later became a doctor(MBBS,University of Ceylon).
- His elder son also became a doctor, specializing in orthopedics.
- He became a doctor of both laws before becoming a cleric in Naples.
- Dissent received her doctor of medicine (MD) from Brussels.
- Louisa also became a pioneering doctor of medicine and feminist activist.
- He then became a doctor of medicine, then doctor to king Henry IV of France.
- His father was a rabbi and doctor of philosophy.
- In 1988 he became "Magister" and five years later he was promoted to doctor of philosophy.
- In 2009 he was given the degree of doctor of philosophy "honoris causa" by the National University of Córdoba.
- In Paris, Mr. Smith attacks and kills a young doctor who had just left his girlfriend's house.
- There, he met Abby's grandmother Anaïs Arcane, who called on her young doctor son, Anton, to treat his wounds.
- As a young doctor experimenting on dogs, Barnard developed a remedy for the infant defect of intestinal atresia.
- Haubegger graduated with a juris doctor degree in 1992.
- He also attended Georgetown University Law School, earning a juris doctor in 1978.
- In 1984 Barnes graduated from Yale Law School with a juris doctor, and in 1991 he received his L.L.M.
- Kiran (Prince) is a simple pizza delivery boy who falls in love with a doctor named Swathi (Jyothi Setti).
- When a young doctor named Howard Phillips comes to work at the prison, West is assigned to assist the new doctor.
- A British doctor named John Dave travelled to Adams Peak in 1817 from Panadura via Horana, Rathnapura and Palabaddala.
- Owner Ballard had a part as the team doctor.
- He served as the local high school's team doctor and as school board president for several years.
- The Browns' long-time team doctor, Vic Ippolito, described Ford's injuries as "a sickening sight."