‹ Doff Dog-ear ›
Meanings and phrases
- a member of the genus Canis (probably descended from the common wolf) that has been domesticated by man since prehistoric times; occurs in many breeds; domestic dog; Canis familiaris
- metal supports for logs in a fireplace; andiron; firedog; dog-iron
- someone who is morally reprehensible; cad; bounder; blackguard; hound; heel
- informal term for a man
- a smooth-textured sausage of minced beef or pork usually smoked; often served on a bread roll; frank; frankfurter; hotdog; hot dog; wiener; wienerwurst; weenie
- a dull unattractive unpleasant girl or woman; frump
- a hinged catch that fits into a notch of a ratchet to move a wheel forward or prevent it from moving backward; pawl; detent; click
- go after with the intent to catch; chase; chase after; trail; tail; tag; give chase; go after; track
African hunting dog
- a powerful doglike mammal of southern and eastern Africa that hunts in large packs; now rare in settled area; hyena dog; Cape hunting dog; Lycaon pictus
American dog tick
- common tick that can transmit Rocky Mountain spotted fever and tularemia; wood tick; Dermacentor variabilis
American dog violet
- violet of eastern North America having pale violet to white flowers; Viola conspersa
Bernese mountain dog
- large powerful long-haired black-coated Swiss dog with deep tan or russet markings on legs and white blaze and feet and chest marking; formerly used for draft
Cape hunting dog
- a powerful doglike mammal of southern and eastern Africa that hunts in large packs; now rare in settled area; African hunting dog; hyena dog; Lycaon pictus
- the brightest star in the sky; in Canis Major; Sirius; Canicula; Sothis
- breed of heavy-coated Arctic sled dog; husky
German police dog
- breed of large shepherd dogs used in police work and as a guide for the blind; German shepherd; German shepherd dog; alsatian
German shepherd dog
- breed of large shepherd dogs used in police work and as a guide for the blind; German shepherd; German police dog; alsatian
- a constellation to the southeast of Orion; contains Sirius; Canis Major
Greater Swiss Mountain dog
- the largest of the four Swiss breeds
Iditarod Trail Dog Sled Race
- an important dogsled race run annually on the Iditarod Trail; Iditarod
- a constellation to the east of Orion; contains Procyon; Canis Minor
- breed of toy dogs having a long straight silky white coat; Maltese terrier; Maltese
- a breed of very large heavy dogs with a thick coarse usually black coat; highly intelligent dogs and vigorous swimmers; developed in Newfoundland; Newfoundland
Seeing Eye dog
- (trademark) a guide dog trained to guide a blind person
Shetland sheep dog
- a small sheepdog resembling a collie that was developed in the Shetland Islands; Shetland sheepdog; Shetland
- a watchdog trained to attack on command
- small long-bodied short-legged German breed of dog having a short sleek coat and long drooping ears; suited for following game into burrows; dachshund; dachsie
- a gun dog trained to locate or retrieve birds
- a person of low status
- a stout lever with a sharp spike; used for handling logs; peavey; peavy; dog hook
- a large breed having a smooth white coat with black or brown spots; originated in Dalmatia; dalmatian; coach dog
- a hotdog with chili con carne on it
- breed of medium-sized terriers bred in Tibet resembling Old English sheepdogs with fluffy curled tails; Tibetan terrier
- a large breed having a smooth white coat with black or brown spots; originated in Dalmatia; dalmatian; carriage dog
- wild dog of northern South America; crab-eating fox; Dusicyon cancrivorus
- a member of the United States Marine Corps; Marine; leatherneck; shipboard soldier
- a person who is deemed to be despicable or contemptible; rotter; rat; skunk; stinker; stinkpot; bum; puke; crumb; lowlife; scum bag; so-and-so; git
- common grass with slender stems and narrow leaves; velvet bent; velvet bent grass; brown bent; Rhode Island bent; Agrostis canina
- a hard biscuit for dogs
- a bite inflicted by a dog
- breeding dogs
- an employee of a municipal pound who is hired to round up stray dogs and cats
- necklace that fits tightly around a woman's neck; choker; collar; neckband
- a stiff white collar with no opening in the front; a distinctive symbol of the clergy; clerical collar; Roman collar
- a collar for a dog
- the hot period between early July and early September; a period of inactivity; canicule; canicular days
- fecal droppings from a dog; dog shit; doggy do; dog turd
- weedy plant of southeastern United States having divided leaves and long clusters of greenish flowers; Eupatorium capillifolium
- widespread rank-smelling weed having white-rayed flower heads with yellow discs; mayweed; stinking mayweed; stinking chamomile; Anthemis cotula
- flea that attacks dogs and cats; Ctenocephalides canis
- food prepared for dogs
- Her body was rendered to make dog food for his kennels.
- Avoid fatty foods, and give a good quality balanced dog food.
- The price of dog food has increased by more than 50% and exceeds $4 per kilogram.
- European grass spreading rapidly by creeping rhizomes; naturalized in North America as a weed; couch grass; quackgrass; quack grass; quick grass; witch grass; witchgrass; Agropyron repens
- fast-growing evergreen shrub of southeastern United States having arching interlaced branches and racemes of white flowers; dog laurel; switch-ivy; Leucothoe fontanesiana; Leucothoe editorum
- a stout lever with a sharp spike; used for handling logs; peavey; peavy; cant dog
- outbuilding that serves as a shelter for a dog; kennel; doghouse
- someone who prevents you from enjoying something that they themselves have no need for
- fast-growing evergreen shrub of southeastern United States having arching interlaced branches and racemes of white flowers; dog hobble; switch-ivy; Leucothoe fontanesiana; Leucothoe editorum
- European perennial weedy plant with greenish flowers; dog's mercury; Mercurialis perennis
- an elementary swimming stroke imitating a swimming dog
- a public enclosure for stray or unlicensed dogs; pound
- a race between dogs; usually an occasion for betting on the outcome
- prickly wild rose with delicate pink or white scentless flowers; native to Europe; Rosa canina
- fecal droppings from a dog; dog do; doggy do; dog turd
- a competitive exhibition of dogs
- A dog show provides an example.
- However, Adrian decides to spend it to bet on a televised dog show, infuriating Holt, who threatens to sue him.
- A dog show is not a random sampling of the breed: it is typically limited to dogs that are adult, pure-bred, and exemplary.
- a sled pulled by dogs; dogsled; dog sleigh
- Qeqertarsuaq has a dog sled rental.
- He walks, or travels by dog sled, kayak, or may be borne by huge fishes.
- Ronne covered by ski and dog sled – more than any other explorer in history.
- a sled pulled by dogs; dogsled; dog sled
- a stinkhorn having a stalk without a cap; the slimy gleba is simply plastered on its surface near the apex where winged insects can find it; Mutinus caninus
- military identification tag worn on a chain around the neck
- metal plate on a dog collar bearing its registration number
- fecal droppings from a dog; dog shit; dog do; doggy do
- Old World leafy-stemmed blue-flowered violet; heath violet; Viola canina
- a wrench with a handle shaped like a crank
dog 's breakfast
- a poor job; a mess; dog's dinner
dog 's dinner
- a poor job; a mess; dog's breakfast
dog 's mercury
- European perennial weedy plant with greenish flowers; dog mercury; Mercurialis perennis
- a member of the genus Canis (probably descended from the common wolf) that has been domesticated by man since prehistoric times; occurs in many breeds; dog; Canis familiaris
- a dog trained to guard property; watchdog
- a dog trained to guide the blind
- a dog trained to work with sportsmen when they hunt with guns; sporting dog
- dog trained to assist the deaf by signaling the occurrence of certain sounds
- a smooth-textured sausage of minced beef or pork usually smoked; often served on a bread roll; frank; frankfurter; hotdog; dog; wiener; wienerwurst; weenie
- someone who performs dangerous stunts to attract attention to himself; hotdog
- a frankfurter served hot on a bun; hotdog; red hot
- To which Truitt replied, "Sit down, you hot dog.
- His mom was one of the first to have a hot dog cart in Medellin.
- The mother-in-law is a tamale topped with chili and served on a hot dog bun.
- any of several breeds of dog used for hunting typically having large drooping ears; hound
- a dog used in hunting game
- Basenji The Basenji is a breed of hunting dog.
- Often, she is shown in the shooting pose, and is accompanied by a hunting dog or stag.
- Hunting dog (disambiguation) A hunting dog is a canine that hunts with or for humans.
- a powerful doglike mammal of southern and eastern Africa that hunts in large packs; now rare in settled area; African hunting dog; Cape hunting dog; Lycaon pictus
- European breed of small dog resembling a terrier with dark wiry hair and a tufted muzzle; affenpinscher; monkey pinscher
- ownerless half-wild mongrel dog common around Asian villages especially India; pye-dog; pie-dog
- any dog trained to assist police especially in tracking
- an intelligent dog with a heavy curly solid-colored coat that is usually clipped; an old breed sometimes trained as sporting dogs or as performing dogs; poodle
- any of several rodents of North American prairies living in large complex burrows having a barking cry; prairie marmot
- This situation was analogous to the modern day prairie dog (genus "Cynomys") and its predator the black-footed ferret ("Mustela nigripes").
- When prairie dog towns are located near trails used by humans, giving alarm calls every time a person walks by is expensive in terms of time and energy.
- Mountain plovers like to build their habitats in prairie dog colonies, meaning that an increase in prairie dogs will coincide with an increase in mountain plovers.
- small wild dog of eastern Asia having facial markings like those of a raccoon; Nyctereutes procyonides
- informal term; sausage hound
- a man who serves as a sailor; mariner; seaman; tar; Jack-tar; Jack; old salt; seafarer; gob
- a dog that can alert or assist people with seizure disorders
- any of various usually long-haired breeds of dog reared to herd and guard sheep; shepherd dog; sheepdog
- any of various usually long-haired breeds of dog reared to herd and guard sheep; sheepdog; sheep dog
- a dog trained to draw a sled usually in a team; sledge dog
- a dog trained to draw a sled usually in a team; sled dog
- a dog trained to work with sportsmen when they hunt with guns; gun dog
- a person who is in charge; head; chief
- any of several breeds of very small dogs kept purely as pets; toy
- a person who enjoys being in or on the water; water rat
- a dog accustomed to water and usually trained to retrieve waterfowl
- any of various undomesticated mammals of the family Canidae that are thought to resemble domestic dogs as distinguished from jackals or wolves
- He set out in search and met a "cu seang", a wild dog.
- Its ears are somewhat rounded, but less so than the African wild dog.
- Carnivores include the African wild dog, leopard, lion, and mongoose.
- any of several breeds of usually large powerful dogs bred to work as draft animals and guard and guide dogs
- The mascot for the games was a dog named Leo.
- They have two children and a dog named Typo.
- A farmer's dog named Sultan had grown old.
- There she meets her Mom, Dad and her pet dog Buttercup.
- Santosh has a pet dog which he loves dearly.
- ", and had a pet dog he dressed as a rapper.
- For certain dog breeds a dewclaw is considered a necessity, e.g.
- For example, some dog breeds can perceive vibrations up to 60,000 Hz.
- Genomic studies have pointed to the Afghan Hound as one of the oldest of dog breeds.
- A dog park, DiOGi Park, opened on July 14, 2007.
- The dog park has two enclosed areas for dogs.
- It is the first dog park created in the city.
- The borzoi is an athletic and independent breed of dog.
- Azawakh The Azawakh is a breed of dog from West Africa.
- Tahltan Bear Dog The Tahltan Bear Dog was a breed of dog indigenous to Canada.
- Landseer (dog) The Landseer is a dog breed.
- Used among dog owners for the Rhodesian Ridgeback dog breed.
- Dachshund (disambiguation) A dachshund is a short-legged, long-bodied, hound-type dog breed.
- The ancient word for dog meat was "ran" (肰).
- The Old Chinese character meaning "to burn" or "to roast" showed dog meat on top of a fire (然).
- A dog as food was offensive to the American missionaries, and under their influence, the dog meat in the story became pork.
- The company was founded as a result of the efforts to clone Lou Hawthorne's favorite family dog, Missy.
- Also, the family dog Baron doesn't die and reincarnate, he remains the same until the end of the series.
- The smallest of the working breeds, the Standard Schnauzer makes a loyal family dog with guardian instincts.
- When told that dog fighting was a felony, Portis replied, "It can't be too bad of a crime."
- Among these are [[blood sport]]s such as [[bear-baiting]], [[dog fighting]] and [[cockfighting]].
- That same day, he later released a statement through the Redskins' official website that claimed he did not take part in, nor condone, dog fighting.
- It is also allegedly the haunt of a phantom black dog.
- An example is the phrase "a very black dog."
- (5) Did you see a grey dog or a black dog?