‹ Earsplitting Earth-ball ›
Meanings and phrases
- the 3rd planet from the sun; the planet we live on; earth; world; globe
- the abode of mortals (as contrasted with Heaven or Hell); earth
- the loose soft material that makes up a large part of the land surface; ground
- the solid part of the earth's surface; land; dry land; ground; solid ground; terra firma
- the 3rd planet from the sun; the planet we live on; Earth; world; globe
- the abode of mortals (as contrasted with Heaven or Hell); Earth
- once thought to be one of four elements composing the universe (Empedocles)
- a connection between an electrical device and a large conducting body, such as the earth (which is taken to be at zero voltage); ground
- the concerns of this life as distinguished from heaven and the afterlife; worldly concern; earthly concern; world
- hide in the earth like a hunted animal
- connect to the earth
Earth 's crust
- the outer layer of the Earth; crust
Earth 's surface
- the outermost level of the land or sea; surface
- a Shiite terrorist organization with strong ties to Iran; seeks to create an Iranian fundamentalist Islamic state in Lebanon; car bombs are the signature weapon; Hizballah; Hezbollah; Hizbollah; Hizbullah; Lebanese Hizballah; Party of God; Islamic Jihad; Islamic Jihad for the Liberation of Palestine; Revolutionary Justice Organization
- any of the bivalent metals of group II of the periodic table (calcium or strontium or barium or magnesium or beryllium); alkaline-earth metal
- an adsorbent clay that will remove coloring from oils; bleaching clay
- a light soil consisting of siliceous diatom remains and often used as a filtering material; diatomite; kieselguhr
- European sedge having small edible nutlike tubers; chufa; yellow nutgrass; ground almond; rush nut; Cyperus esculentus
- a colored mineral used as a pigment
- a god of fertility and vegetation; earth-god
- a goddess of fertility and vegetation; earth-goddess
- the earth conceived of as the female principle of fertility
- any of the sciences that deal with the earth or its parts
- 7 among U.S. earth science graduate programs.
- In 1898, he published his first booklet, a popular explanation of some basic topics in earth science.
- Some SPICE capabilities are used on a variety of astrophysics, solar physics and earth science missions.
- a small earthquake; tremor; microseism
- block with earth, as after a landslide; land up
- a waxy mineral that is a mixture of hydrocarbons and occurs in association with petroleum; some varieties are used in making ceresin and candles; ader wax; mineral wax; ozokerite; ozocerite
fuller 's earth
- an absorbent soil resembling clay; used in fulling (shrinking and thickening) woolen cloth and as an adsorbent
- common perennial herb widely distributed in the southern and eastern United States having drooping clusters of pinkish flowers and thick basal leaves suggesting a lion's foot in shape; sometimes placed in genus Prenanthes; lion's foot; Nabalus serpentarius; Prenanthes serpentaria
- used with question words to convey surprise
potter 's earth
- clay that does not contain any iron; used in making pottery or for modeling; potter's clay
- any element of the lanthanide series (atomic numbers 57 through 71); rare-earth element; lanthanoid; lanthanide; lanthanon
- It is a rare earth element with a metallic silver luster.
- As rare earth prices fell, the project become largely inactive.
- Europium is one of the rarest of the rare earth elements on Earth.
- Both sides engaged in the widespread use of scorched earth tactics.
- Tiberius had pursued a policy of scorched earth to starve the Pannonians.
- Kolokotronis pursued a scorched earth policy, aiming at starving the Ottomans out.
- In the beginning God created heaven and earth.
- In Chinese philosophy the universe consists of heaven and earth.
- The rose was a privileged symbol for Mary, Queen of heaven and earth.
- Adapa is then sent back down to earth.
- For Swanzy was very down to earth.
- If resurrected, Crono jumps on to help her, but cannot bring them down to earth.
- In both elemental gaseous form and as a component of water, it is vital to almost all life on earth.
- The worst event, the Permian–Triassic extinction, devastated life on earth, killing over 90% of species.
- Microorganisms are the earliest form of life on earth, first evolving more than three billion years ago.
- From 1982 to 1988, she was head of the earth sciences department at the University of Milan.
- Anyone with an interest in geology and the earth sciences is welcome, professional or amateur.
- Showa Station serves as a research outpost for astronomy, meteorology, biology and earth sciences.
- This core was considerably harder than simply using rammed earth.
- Most adobe buildings are similar in appearance to cob and rammed earth buildings.
- In traditional rammed earth, a mixture of around 70% aggregate (gravel,sand) and 30% clay is optimal.
- Except for the gloves of the Feitian suit, the space suits were not brought back to earth.
- In the first, the lifting body pilot would return to the Apollo and send the HL-10 back to earth uncrewed.
- Whenever his or her punishments or rewards are over he or she is sent back to earth, also known as "Mrutyulok" or human world.