‹ Embassies Embattle ›
Meanings and phrases
- a diplomatic building where ambassadors live or work
- an ambassador and his entourage collectively
- Alyattes immediately sent an embassy to Miletus and agreed a peace treaty.
- In 1077 AD, king Chulien (Chola) Ti-hua-kialo sent an embassy to Chinese court for promoting trade.
- The Arab Islamic Caliph Uthman Ibn Affan (r. 644-656) sent an embassy to the Tang court at Chang'an.
- Belarus also withdrew its ambassador and all of its embassy staff from Sweden.
- This was followed by the expulsion of ten other U.S. embassy staff from Minsk in late April.
- Two embassy staff members were alleged to have encourage Filipino migrant workers to leave their employers.