‹ Escapade Escaped ›
Meanings and phrases
- the act of escaping physically; flight
- an inclination to retreat from unpleasant realities through diversion or fantasy; escapism
- an avoidance of danger or difficulty
- a means or way of escaping
- nonperformance of something distasteful (as by deceit or trickery) that you are supposed to do; evasion; dodging
- a plant originally cultivated but now growing wild
- the discharge of a fluid from some container; leak; leakage; outflow
- a valve in a container in which pressure can build up (as a steam boiler); it opens automatically when the pressure reaches a dangerous level; safety valve; relief valve; escape valve; escape cock
- run away from confinement; get away; break loose
- fail to experience; miss
- escape potentially unpleasant consequences; get away with a forbidden action; get off; get away; get by; get out
- be incomprehensible to; escape understanding by; elude
- remove oneself from a familiar environment, usually for pleasure or diversion; get away
- issue or leak, as from a small opening
- flee; take to one's heels; cut and run; scat; run; scarper; turn tail; lam; run away; hightail it; bunk; head for the hills; take to the woods; fly the coop; break away
- a valve in a container in which pressure can build up (as a steam boiler); it opens automatically when the pressure reaches a dangerous level; safety valve; relief valve; escape valve; escape
- an entertainer who is expert in the art of escaping; escapologist
- get rid of; shake; shake off; throw off
- hatchway that provides a means of escape in an emergency
- a form of behavior that evades unpleasant realities
- a valve in a container in which pressure can build up (as a steam boiler); it opens automatically when the pressure reaches a dangerous level; safety valve; relief valve; escape cock; escape
- the minimum velocity needed to escape a gravitational field
- At 200 AU from the Sun, the escape velocity from the Sun is 2.98 km/s.
- Such stars may have velocities so great that they exceed the escape velocity of the galaxy.
- The escape velocity from Earth's surface is about 11 200 m/s, and is irrespective of the direction of the object.
- gear that engages a rocking lever
- a stairway (often on the outside of a building) that permits exit in the case of fire or other emergency; emergency exit
- Finally, Lee corners Wei on a fire escape platform.
- Eddie tries to escape Ron catches him and throws him off the fire escape to his death.
- An external steel stair opening off the attic and first floors acted as the fire escape route.
- something achieved (or escaped) by a narrow margin; close call; close shave; squeak; squeaker
- Triton makes a narrow escape, having been blown into the swamp.
- Bond had a narrow escape as the ball passed straight through his hat.
- The narrow escape problem is that of calculating the mean escape time.
- However, he managed to escape from the young hero.
- In 1959, Lama Gönpo managed to escape from Tibet.
- The only exception was Su Yu, who managed to escape.
- Fletcher and Jaffe are able to escape captivity.
- The victim was able to escape unscathed by screaming.
- The girl is able to escape undetected from the house.
- He manages to escape the attack along with his team.
- Sebastian barely manages to escape and the two fight.
- Joe counterattack, Firefly manages to escape yet again.
- Conner's peripheral is killed while trying to escape.
- The nurses see them trying to escape, and call for the M.P.'s.
- While he is trying to escape, he discovers he has psychic powers.
- So you cannot escape from sorry destruction.'
- Othon, however, does not escape death from the disease.
- No matter how brutal the man may be, she cannot escape".
- Those who tried to escape were caught and killed.
- In July 1913, she tried to escape jail but was caught.
- In March 1868, 238 prisoners tried to escape.
- In her attempt to escape, she crashes her car and dies.
- He was drowned in an attempt to escape.
- The mass suicide was an attempt to escape execution by the Nazis.
- Jake goes to find the assistant, who tries to escape.
- Junior shoots Hartigan in the shoulder and tries to escape.
- As Cain tries to escape, RoboCop wounds and apprehends him.
- In order to escape the law of God, you must pay this money.
- mountains and heavily forested territories) in order to escape foreign rule.
- His family moved from Poland to Cologne, West Germany, in order to escape communism.
- The women manage to escape and Elizabeth goes with them.
- Pluto, Dina and Bruno manage to escape.
- Using their different tactics, they manage to escape the room.
- "To Kowalski, it was still a hole to escape through.
- Then Holmes and Watson escape through the garden and over the wall.
- The sound could escape through numerous small openings above the platform.
- Engdahl created an escape route for Nazis from all parts of Europe.
- An escape route was outlined, but due to inactivity, remains inoperable.
- Many of Duffié's men were captured the next morning as Chambliss cut off their escape route.
- Some people attempted to escape by the roof.
- Others attempted to escape the country.
- Galloway attempted to escape the room by climbing out the window.
- He attempts to escape but is shot by a dying Coughy.
- As Tomas attempts to escape prison, Cardo kills him.
- He attempts to escape on the dory, but Wake destroys it with an axe.
- "", he started a mass escape attempt.
- In 2012, the 50th anniversary of the escape attempt, Michael Dyke, the Deputy U.S.
- His escape attempt led to the installation of a pulse rate meter in the lock area.
- The two try to escape but get separated along the way.
- To the attackers' surprise, Voss did not try to escape the trap.
- People try to escape the town, but some are shot by armed sentries.
- Faust continues attempting to escape and tries to get one over on Krenner.
- The real Gavin spends much of this time attempting to escape his new prison.
- The painting depicts a variety of frightened animals attempting to escape a forest fire.
- Two were wounded, and unable to escape capture.
- Celia is unable to escape or to cry out as he strangles Mme Dauvray.
- Unfortunately Xiaolei seems unable to escape from his life of petty crime.
- It appears Cordelia found a way to escape without Elaine.
- Together, they must figure out a way to escape and survive.
- Riddick kills Abbott and proceeds to find another way to escape.
- An escape plan is agreed, should Theseus survive.
- Giuseppe commits to Arcangeli's escape plan.
- Dean tells them his escape plan.
- He made several failed escape attempts during his incarceration.
- Miller was Associate Warden during numerous escape attempts at Alcatraz.
- This practice effectively stemmed the escape attempts using passports, but passports were not the only way to escape.
- With the help of Persis, Soong leaves the ship in an escape pod.
- He ejects in an escape pod, landing in Manhattan just before the plane crashes.
- The scene depicting a Klingon escape pod required the construction of a new set.
- Codes of practice lay down minimum illumination levels in escape routes and open areas.
- A police official said that all escape routes had been covered by officers but none apparently saw Davis leave.
- The tunnel has 15 emergency refuge areas located every with escape routes that lead to the north and south portals.
- Meanwhile, Lambodar tries to escape from prison and gets admitted to a hospital.
- Two convicts, one white, one black, escape from prison while handcuffed together.
- Three criminals, Arjun, Kali and Shyam Singh, escape from prison and kill Karan Singh.
- Tuitātui had to flee to Eua, but did not escape his fate.
- Even his family did not escape attention.
- But the piece did not escape criticism.
- This gave her and Toshihiko enough time to escape together.
- The fighters briefly rebel giving Jake Raye time to escape.
- Finally the saw drops before the performer has time to escape.
- The three hundred managed to escape when thick mist appeared at night.
- Ellen lowers her gun and allows her to escape when she learns that Anna is pregnant.
- "U-373" had a lucky escape when she was attacked by a British Vickers Wellington of No.
- The five of them escape before it collapses.
- Davidson helped others escape before fleeing through a back door.
- In all cases the alleged assailant would escape before help arrived.
- If they emerge from a window, they will have a chance to escape if grabbed.
- It is designed to cause pain to the attacker, hopefully allowing the victim a chance to escape.
- The Legion's volunteers were not merely motivated by the chance to escape imprisonment and earn money.
- Nelson managed to escape back to Louisville.
- Aashfaq helps Meethi escape back to India and bids her a tearful farewell.
- Agents Naujocks and Göttsch both managed to escape back to Germany after the murder.
- He is stabbed through the chest by Kili as the dwarves and Gandalf make their escape.
- During that stop, they dig through the tornado wall, aging in reverse as they make their escape.
- Blackberry realises that they can float across on a wooden board, and thus they make their escape.
- "Harmony" took the opportunity to escape.
- Witness accounts claimed that the rest of the group had ample opportunity to escape and were treated quite well.
- In the current, oxygen-rich atmosphere most hydrogen is converted into water before it has an opportunity to escape.
- She decided to flee Tunisia and once again return to France to escape persecution and imprisonment.
- To escape persecution, many Inspirationalists moved to Hesse, the most liberal German state at the time.
- In 1940, Tempelsman and his family emigrated to the United States to escape persecution by Nazi Germany during World War II.
- The boundary of the region from which no escape is possible is called the event horizon.
- On the contrary, the end of those who follow the wrong way, is the fire of Hell from which there is no escape.
- This time there would be no escape, and after being brought before Shah Tahmasp he was executed alongside Muhammad Muqim in 1574.