‹ Evacuated Evacuee ›
Meanings and phrases
- the act of removing the contents of something; emptying; voidance
- the act of evacuating; leaving a place in an orderly fashion; especially for protection
- the bodily process of discharging waste matter; elimination; excretion; excreting; voiding
- the evacuation of persons (usually by air transportation) to a place where they can receive medical care; medevac; medivac
- Despite his pain, Dorland refused painkillers or medical evacuation so he could return to the fight.
- The C-17's capabilities allow the RAF to use it as an airborne hospital for medical evacuation missions.
- On 31 August 1967, a CH-46A on a medical evacuation mission to disintegrated in midair killing all its occupants.
- The fleet transported a total of 250,000 soldiers and civilians during the evacuation.
- 20,000 people died of exhaustion or disease during the evacuation of Phnom Penh and its aftermath.
- On February 14, the sheriff of Butte County lifted the mandatory evacuation order.
- On August 27, the Jackson County Board of Supervisors ordered a mandatory evacuation of all areas south of U.S. Route 90.
- The storm surge also flooded parts of the Anse la Raye Quarter, leading to officials declaring a mandatory evacuation of the area.