‹ Extinct Extinguish ›
Meanings and phrases
- no longer active; extinguished
- no longer in existence; defunctness
- the reduction of the intensity of radiation as a consequence of absorption and radiation
- complete annihilation; extermination
- a conditioning process in which the reinforcer is removed and a conditioned response becomes independent of the conditioned stimulus; experimental extinction
- the act of extinguishing; causing to stop burning; extinguishing; quenching
- the angle from its axis that a crystal must be rotated before appearing maximally dark when viewed in polarized light; extinction angle
- a conditioning process in which the reinforcer is removed and a conditioned response becomes independent of the conditioned stimulus; extinction
- the angle from its axis that a crystal must be rotated before appearing maximally dark when viewed in polarized light; angle of extinction
- The Holocene extinction event is currently under way.
- This may have cooled the climate and led to a massive extinction event.
- This is the most extreme instance of a climate-caused extinction event.
- The impact of mass extinction events varied widely.
- Three theories have been advanced to explain the mass extinction.
- This mass extinction is known as the Cretaceous–Paleogene extinction event.
- These fish are all vulnerable or at the risk of extinction.
- The species faces a high risk of extinction in the near future.
- The event may put a species at risk of extinction or upset an ecosystem.
- Some species are threatened with extinction.
- The species are not necessarily threatened with extinction globally.
- Many species in tribe Borasseae are threatened with extinction (36% of total recognized species):
- It is centered on the conservation of the red macaw, which is in danger of extinction.
- Hadzane is an entirely oral language, but it is not predicted to be in danger of extinction.
- However, this species overall is not in danger of extinction, despite this use of pesticides.
- The Halkomelem language is near extinction.
- Neretva also has many other endemic and fragile animals that are near extinction.
- However, they were hunted to near extinction, leaving fewer than 100 individuals by the 1930s.
- On the Brink captures videos of rare animals that are on the brink of extinction.
- In mid-March he was determined to bring Unionism back from the brink of extinction in Ireland.
- Most hunted whales are now threatened, with some great whale populations exploited to the brink of extinction.