‹ Fieldhand Fieldmouse ›
Meanings and phrases
- English novelist and dramatist (1707-1754); Henry Fielding
- (baseball) handling the ball while playing in the field
Andrew Fielding Huxley
- English physiologist who, with Alan Hodgkin, discovered the role of potassium and sodium ions in the transmission of the nerve impulse (born in 1917); Huxley; Andrew Huxley
- English novelist and dramatist (1707-1754); Fielding
- (baseball) a measure of a fielder's performance; the number of assists and putouts divided by the number of chances
- He ended his career with a .988 fielding percentage.
- He finished his career with a .960 fielding percentage.
- He posted a .987 career fielding percentage.