‹ Filch File-like ›
Meanings and phrases
- a set of related records (either written or electronic) kept together; data file
- a line of persons or things ranged one behind the other; single file; Indian file
- office furniture consisting of a container for keeping papers in order; file cabinet; filing cabinet
- a steel hand tool with small sharp teeth on some or all of its surfaces; used for smoothing wood or metal
- record in a public office or in a court of law; register
- smooth with a file
- proceed in line
- file a formal charge against; charge; lodge
- place in a container for keeping records; file away
ASCII text file
- a text file that contains only ASCII characters without special formatting
- a line of persons or things ranged one behind the other; file; single file
- a common way to make software available; users are allowed to log in as `guest' without a password and copy whatever has been made available; anonymous ftp
- (computer science) a computer file dedicated to storing and updating computer backups
- (computer science) a computer file containing machine-readable information that must be read by an application; characters use all 8 bits of each byte
- a file with parallel edges
- a container with an open top; for discarded paper and other rubbish; wastepaper basket; waste-paper basket; wastebasket; waste basket
- (computer science) a file maintained in computer-readable form
- (computer science) the name given to a computer file in order to distinguish it from other files; may contain an extension that indicates the type of file; filename; file name; computer filename
- a set of related records (either written or electronic) kept together; file
- (computer science) a computer file containing relatively transient data about a particular data processing task; transaction file
- (computer science) a computer file stored on a magnetic disk and identified by a unique label
- the part of a floppy disk or hard disk where information is stored about the location of each piece of information on the disk (and about the location of unusable areas of the disk)
- place in a container for keeping records; file
- put into an archive; archive
- office furniture consisting of a container for keeping papers in order; file; filing cabinet
- a clerk who is employed to maintain the files of an organization; filing clerk; filer
- folder that holds papers together in a filing cabinet
- enter by marching in a file
- (computer science) the name given to a computer file in order to distinguish it from other files; may contain an extension that indicates the type of file; filename; computer filename; computer file name
- The tag name becomes the file name without the .xhtml suffix.
- In the case of file creation, F2FS finds empty consecutive slots that cover the file name.
- When F2FS finds a file name in a directory, first a hash value of the file name is calculated.
- a string of characters beginning with a period and followed by one or more letters; the optional second part of a PC computer filename; extension; filename extension
- march out, in a file
- (computer science) a digital computer that provides workstations on a network with controlled access to shared resources
- a system of classifying into files (usually arranged alphabetically); filing system
- Most computers have at least one file system.
- In Solaris 10 6/06 ("U2"), Sun added the ZFS file system.
- DragonFly BSD's HAMMER file system uses a modified B+-tree.
- protocol that allows users to copy files between their local system and any system they can reach on the network; FTP
- a file with two flat surfaces
- (computer science) a computer file that contains data that serve as input to a device or program; input data
- (computer science) a computer file that is used as the authority in a given job and that is relatively permanent; master file
- (computer science) a computer file that is used as the authority in a given job and that is relatively permanent; main file
- a file of mug shots (pictures of criminals that are kept on file by the police); mug book
non-dedicated file server
- (computer science) a file server that can be used simultaneously as a workstation
- (computer science) a computer file that contains data that are the output of a device or program
- the ordinary members of an organization (such as the enlisted soldiers of an army); rank
- people who constitute the main body of any group
- "The people that aren't going to find out about you are the rank and file.
- Most of the rank and file were transferred to the remaining field battalions.
- Even the rank and file were drawn from families with appropriate social backgrounds.
- a thin round file shaped like the tail of a rat
- (computer science) a file that you can read but cannot change
- a file with a circular cross section; used to file the inside of holes
- a line of persons or things ranged one behind the other; file; Indian file
- An ePub publication is delivered as a single file.
- The latest versions can also be downloaded in a single file.
- The draft horses were harnessed in pairs, rather than single file.
- the disk space that is set aside for virtual memory; swap space
- a file with converging edges
- (computer science) a computer file that contains text (and possibly formatting instructions) using seven-bit ASCII characters; document
- The following example shows three records ready for import as a text file.
- The output of the executed code is the text file generated by the template.
- The declarations in the external subset are located in a separate text file.
- a file of memoranda or notices that remind of things to be done; tickler
- (computer science) a computer file containing relatively transient data about a particular data processing task; detail file
- a file in which records are stored upright on one edge
- a coarse file with sharp pointed projections; rasp
- The native file format of AutoCAD is .dwg.
- Sig tags are sometimes animated, using the .gif file format.
- "Comments" - The SREC file format does not support comments.
- It may be used for anonymous file sharing.
- This software can be easily used for anonymous file sharing.
- Their first song, "MPFree" is an anthem for P2P file sharing.
- And the same consideration of different file formats is present.
- COBOL supports three file formats, or ': sequential, indexed and relative.
- However, their influence lives on through many standard conventions and file formats.
- It is commonly used in databases and file systems.
- B-trees are used in the HFS and Reiser4 file systems.
- Such file systems include JFFS2 and YAFFS.
- Examples are file transfer, email and the World Wide Web.
- If the user decides to download the file, they negotiate the file transfer.
- AllPeers used open source BitTorrent technology to facilitate file transfer.
- It is a way to reduce the file size.
- Upon learning of the limitation, Gilbert reminisced about the file size of the first game.
- They can be arranged based on title, author, file size, file type, and when they were last opened.
- Riley retired and did not file for the 2019 election.
- The Meiers did not file a civil lawsuit.
- Johnson did not file to run for any office in the May 2, 2006, primary.
- However, the BIPA remains the only law that allows private individuals to file a lawsuit for damages stemming from a violation.
- On October 23, Mineo's attorneys announced the incident and noted that they planned to file a lawsuit against New York City on Mineo's behalf.
- Young would go on to file a lawsuit against the firm alleging discrimination and retaliation; however, a federal judge dismissed the case on summary judgement.
- On July 18, 2013, Detroit became the largest U.S. city to file for bankruptcy.
- However, the owner had to file for bankruptcy, effectively scuttling plans to launch the station.
- In 1897, he was forced to file for bankruptcy, which legally obligated him to resign his seat in Parliament.
- Comic Seer's foundation is built upon CBR, CBZ, and image file viewing.
- TopologiLinux creates a hard disk image file on an NTFS or FAT partition.
- The image file formats that are supported include JPG/JPEG, PNG, GIF, TIF and Bitmap (BMP).
- An orthodox file manager typically has three windows.
- Another important element of a DE is the file manager.
- KDE's file manager Dolphin is described as focused on usability.
- BEAM bytecode files have the codice_1 file extension.
- Such files normally use the file extension .
- FlashPix files have the .fpx file extension.
- It is not necessary to recompile, restart Emacs, or even rehash a configuration file.
- With a configuration file, any joystick or gamepad can be turned into a chorded keyboard.
- Once this is done, there is a configuration file which connects peripherals to emulated peripherals.
- Rebozo repaid the loan with interest, and the bank did not file a complaint.
- Terry decides to file a complaint and asks Holt (Andre Braugher) to submit it.
- Jake and Boyle then decide to file a complaint with the company against Adrian.
- The sccs create command uses the text of source file to create a new history file.
- For example, a bug in a compiler can make it crash when passing some large source file.
- The same WEB source is used to "weave" a TeX file, and to "tangle" a Pascal source file.
- Fission is an audio file editor designed to be simple and user-friendly.
- A jMusic score can be rendered with jMusic instruments to an audio file.
- Au file format The Au file format is a simple audio file format introduced by Sun Microsystems.
- The register file took up most of that space.
- The number of registers per register file was also considered, with 32 and 64 being contenders.
- Two data buses write data from the register file to the two CACHE dies that implement the data cache.