‹ Fledgling Fleece ›
Meanings and phrases
- run away quickly; fly; take flight
- He was forced to flee to British-controlled New York.
- Because of this, Dostum was forced to flee to Turkey.
- This rampant antisemitism caused Jews to flee the country.
- Boswell's response to these allegations was to flee the country.
- To avoid prosecution he was prompted to flee the country to Monaco.
- Dogs were used to hunt down natives who attempted to flee.
- Dioguardi attempted to flee so that his photograph would not be taken.
- The crews then gathered on a tugboat and attempted to flee to the Black Sea.
- Ventura tried to flee but was shot down.
- Etxebarrieta was chased down and killed as he tried to flee.
- The villagers tried to flee or hide.
- With her help, he managed to flee to Paris in 1966, where he remained.
- Others managed to flee abroad.
- The assailant then managed to flee the scene and no arrests have been made.
- He said that they discharged the ministerial policemen for negligence and attempting to flee.
- With that in hand, he, Ivan, and Hank head outside to confront Michael, who is attempting to flee.
- Osamu and Nobuyo attract the attention of the police and are caught after attempting to flee with Yuri and Aki.
- Horne attempts to flee but is restrained and handcuffed.
- She screams in terror and attempts to flee.
- The family attempts to flee the house, but cannot find Jessica.
- He did not attempt to flee, and was quickly captured by a local militia.
- Platt then entered the Grogan/Dove car in an apparent attempt to flee the scene.
- Desha complied, showed no emotion when viewing Baker's body, and did not attempt to flee although left unguarded in the house.
- This was one of the areas where the Iraqis were trying to flee Kuwait.
- Hera sent a gadfly to madden the heifer, and Io roamed the world trying to flee it.
- Men were hanged, whilst many others are said to have drowned trying to flee across the sea to Scotland.
- Candide and the two women flee the city, heading to the Americas.
- The children become separated in the confusion as inhabitants flee the city.
- There was an uprising by the population which forced Gregory VIII to flee the city.
- Chen himself was able to flee back to Liang.
- Maeve finds she cannot control the hosts, and they flee back underground.
- Jeff is impaled by the killer, and Courtney and Amy flee back to the house.