‹ Fluency Fluently ›
Meanings and phrases
- expressing yourself readily, clearly, effectively; eloquent; facile; silver; silver-tongued; smooth-spoken
- smooth and unconstrained in movement; fluid; liquid; smooth
- aphasia characterized by fluent but meaningless speech and severe impairment of the ability understand spoken or written words; Wernicke's aphasia; receptive aphasia; sensory aphasia; impressive aphasia
- She speaks fluent Mandarin, Cantonese and English.
- Ted was raised bilingual and speaks fluent Spanish.
- He speaks fluent Somali, Arabic, Italian and English.
- JS excelled at school and became fluent in French.
- He became fluent in Latin and German.
- While living in Europe she became fluent in Italian, German, and French.
- He spoke fluent Divehi, Urdu, Arabic and English.
- (He spoke fluent English in addition to Italian.)
- She also spoke fluent Italian in addition to her native German.
- Yvonne was raised to be fluent in both languages.
- Wang is fluent in both English and Mandarin Chinese.
- He was fluent in both Kannada and Marathi.
- He is a fluent speaker of the Connemara dialect.
- She is a fluent speaker of Igbo, English, and German.
- Castaneda is a fluent speaker of Spanish and English.
- As of 2014, 263 fluent speakers had been reported.
- It had only two fluent speakers in 1983 and only one in 1995.
- By the early 21st century, only a few fluent speakers of Diyari remained.