‹ Gloriously Gloss ›
Meanings and phrases
- a state of high honor; glorification
- brilliant radiant beauty; resplendence; resplendency
- an indication of radiant light drawn around the head of a saint; aura; aureole; halo; nimbus; gloriole
- rejoice proudly
Japanese morning glory
- annual Old World tropical climbing herb distinguished by wide color range and frilled or double flowers; Ipomoea nil
- the national flag of the United States of America; American flag; Stars and Stripes; Star-Spangled Banner
- a prostrate perennial of coastal sand dunes Florida to Texas; railroad vine; Ipomoea pes-caprae
- annual or perennial climbing herb of Central America having sky-blue flowers; most commonly cultivated morning glory; Ipomoea tricolor
- pantropical annual climbing herb with funnel-shaped blue, purple, pink or white flowers; Ipomoea purpurea
- named for a country house in Barbados where it was discovered; Farley maidenhair; Farley maidenhair fern; Barbados maidenhair; Adiantum tenerum farleyense
- a small locker at the stern of a boat or between decks of a ship; lazaretto
- any plant of the genus Gloriosa of tropical Africa and Asia; a perennial herb climbing by means of tendrils at leaf tips having showy yellow to red or purple flowers; all parts are poisonous; gloriosa; climbing lily; creeping lily; Gloriosa superba
- any of various shrubs or vines of the genus Clianthus having compound leaves and pea-like red flowers in drooping racemes; clianthus
- any of various twining vines having funnel-shaped flowers that close late in the day
- It was a slow death that stripped it of most of its former glory.
- Work carried out in 1991 restored the mansion to its former glory.
- Eventually the Avila Adobe was completely restored to its former glory.
- Simwala's glory days were not without controversy.
- These were the glory days for the House of Marchak.
- The 1980s saw a return to the form of glory days past.