‹ Governments Governorate ›
Meanings and phrases
- the head of a state government
- a control that maintains a steady speed in a machine (as by controlling the supply of fuel); regulator
- a race for election to the governorship; governor's race
- He revealed this part of his past in 1971 prior to his campaign for governor.
- In 2016, Soni worked with Eric Greitens on his successful campaign for governor in Missouri.
- Earnest was communications director on Jim Davis' campaign for governor of Florida, in 2006.
- a governor of high rank
- In 1788 he was made governor general of Alsace.
- The governor general appointed him to be prime minister for a second time.
- Surprisingly the governor general was adamant on sending a man to Kathmandu.
- small shrubby tree of Madagascar cultivated in tropical regions as a hedge plant and for its deep red acid fruits resembling small plums; governor's plum; Madagascar plum; ramontchi; batoko palm; Flacourtia indica
governor 's plum
- small shrubby tree of Madagascar cultivated in tropical regions as a hedge plant and for its deep red acid fruits resembling small plums; governor plum; Madagascar plum; ramontchi; batoko palm; Flacourtia indica
governor 's race
- a race for election to the governorship; campaign for governor
- an elected official serving as deputy to the governor of a state of the United States
- In 2005, Taft appointed him lieutenant governor.
- His first year as lieutenant governor was turbulent.
- The lieutenant governor is Bethany Hall-Long.
- the head of a government established by the military (as in a defeated country)
- Zhu Zhen made Huo the military governor of Jingnan.
- Meeting with the military governor also took place.
- In 789, Emperor Dezong made him full military governor.
- "Dee" Rivers, Jr, son of a former governor of Georgia.
- Clements was a former governor of Kentucky.
- Allen was considered a stooge for former governor Huey Long.
- 1733 Nawab Teg Bakht Khan was appointed governor.
- In 188, Liu Yan was appointed governor of Yi Province.
- In 1994 he was appointed governor of the Bank of Sweden.
- Riley was elected governor of South Carolina in 1978.
- In 2014, Hutchinson was elected governor of Arkansas.
- He was elected governor of Jigawa State in April 2007.
- The first governor was General John R. Brooke.
- Alonso de Ojeda was appointed the island's first governor in 1508.
- Valdivia became the first governor of the Captaincy General of Chile.
- Francis W. Sargent then became acting governor.
- General Barnett had served as acting governor in the interim.
- He replaced the acting governor Guillaume Stanislas Marey-Monge.
- He became governor of Bologna on April 2, 1560.
- He became governor after winning the election in 1999.
- Mendoza also became governor of the province of Mérida.
- A few days later the new governor resigned instead.
- On 12 May 2017, Wahidin was sworn in as the new governor.
- The new governor started the broad construction activities.
- Dr. Alfred Mutua is on his final term as governor of the County.
- In 1638 Eulate's term as governor ended and he returned to Spain.
- He then was elected to another one-year term as governor in 1784.
- Huncks served as governor of Antigua for six months.
- Gallen served as governor from 1979 until his death.
- Hughes served as governor from 1963 to 1969.
- There is also a deputy governor (currently David Arkley JP).
- Louanner Peters Louanner Peters is a former deputy governor of Illinois.
- On 25 April, she was appointed as first deputy governor of the State of Salzburg.
- Delgado was named provincial governor afterwards.
- She was the sister of Stephanus Van Cortlandt, an adviser to the provincial governor.
- The provincial governor declared "it is harder to defeat a quilombo than the Dutch invaders."
- In 2005, Faso announced his intention to run for governor.
- He did the same in his speeches during his 1951 run for governor.
- Kennon attempted without success to run for governor again in 1963.
- It was named after the colonial governor John Wentworth (1792-1808).
- He founded the town of Franceville, and was later colonial governor.
- The community was named after Thomas Causton, an aide to colonial governor James Oglethorpe.
- The triptych was unveiled at the morning service by the then governor.
- He was also made a privy councillor in 1827, then governor of Lower Austria the following year.
- Her last marriage was with the politician, and then governor of the state of Tlaxcala, Tulio Hernández Gómez.
- In 2003, he was a candidate for governor of Louisiana.
- França was also a candidate for governor of São Paulo in 2018.
- In 1858 and 1860, he was the Whig candidate for governor of Massachusetts.
- At $153,835, Hupe's pension exceeded the state governor's salary.
- They raided the farm of A. H. Cardin, a former candidate for state governor.
- It was written by former Louisiana state governor Jimmie Davis and Charles Mitchell.
- In 2010, Pro-Life ran for governor for a second time.
- In 1986 he ran for governor of the state.
- In 1858, he ran for governor and was elected to a two-year term.
- This led President Thomas Jefferson to remove him from office as territorial governor.
- Jackson briefly served as Florida's first territorial governor before returning to the Senate.
- The new territorial governor, Mark W. Izard, was successful at persuading members to adopt Iowa's legislative rules.
- His political friends began to maneuver to get him the nomination for governor.
- In 1990, he lost the Democratic nomination for governor to then-State Treasurer Joan Finney.
- Quinn sought the Democratic nomination for governor in 1974, but was defeated by Michael Dukakis.
- He squared off against former vice governor Dencito Campaña.
- From 1661 to 1664, he was vice governor of Swedish Pomerania.
- The vice governor Valckenburg was in charge of official functions.
- The current governor is Jared Polis, a Democrat.
- The current governor is Paulo Câmara from PSB.
- The current governor of the state is Republican Kay Ivey.
- In 1788 he was made governor general of Alsace.
- He was made governor of Oruzgan's Chora District in mid-2008.
- In November, Greene died and John Sanders was made governor of the colony.
- At age , DeSantis is the youngest incumbent governor of a U.S. state.
- Andrey Vorobyov, the incumbent governor, was re-elected for a new term.
- In Connecticut, the incumbent governor's party is listed on top of the ballot.
- Additionally, the royal governor was granted powers to undermine local democracy.
- Land was allocated to the Germans by the Burgrave of Glatz, in his capacity as royal governor.
- He served as "ispán" and "royal governor" of Syrmia County in 1253 too, when ruled over a counterfeiting case.
- They launched a first attack on Sirmium in 568, but were seen off by the local governor, Bonus.
- To this effect, Chinna Venkatadri was sent to negotiate with the local governor on 4 August 1687.
- Rebels encircle Irkutsk, where the local governor, a brother of the Tsar, is making a last stand.
- On May 9, 1862, he was appointed acting military governor of Kentucky.
- The emperor at that time, Emperor Suzong's grandson Emperor Dezong, thus made Liu Ji acting military governor.
- When Tian Xu died suddenly in 796, the Weibo soldiers supported Tian Ji'an as acting military governor, and Emperor Dezong made him military governor later in the year.
- Following his tenure as governor, he has served as president of the American Trucking Associations.
- His tenure as governor of Syria, from the year 32 to 33, although brief, is the best documented portion of his life.
- During Allen's tenure as governor, the American Federation of Teachers rated the SOLs "exemplary" in the four core subjects.
- Hughes gain the nomination to become governor.
- During the war, Balmain came into contact with James Wood, who would later become governor of Virginia.
- In January 1750 he was in Sierra Leone, of which his nephew, also called Thomas Ludlam, was subsequently to become governor.
- In 1914 he made an unsuccessful run for the office of governor of Oklahoma.
- Cohen ran as an independent candidate for the office of governor against Quinn.
- Following the court's decision, Herman Talmadge ceded the office of governor to Thompson, ending the controversy.
- He considered running for governor in 1990 against incumbent Gov.
- Talent did not seek re-election to Congress in 2000, instead running for governor.
- After some time in Iowa, Hughes considered running for governor in 1982 but did not.
- Each district is represented by a district governor.
- He served as district governor for the Royal Canadian Legion.
- In 1726, he was appointed to district governor ("amtmand") of Aarhus County.
- He was replaced as civil governor of Algeria on 26 November 1881 by Louis Tirman.
- On 6 August 1936, following the Coup, he was appointed civil governor of Guipuzcoa.
- Delgado's mandate was affected by constant quarrelling with civil governor Martín de Salaverría about competences.