‹ Gramma Grammarian ›
Meanings and phrases
- the branch of linguistics that deals with syntax and morphology (and sometimes also deals with semantics)
- a grammar that is produced by descriptive linguistics
- (linguistics) a type of grammar that describes syntax in terms of a set of logical rules that can generate all and only the infinite number of grammatical sentences in a language and assigns them all the correct structural description
- a school for young children; usually the first 6 or 8 grades; grade school; elementary school; primary school
- a secondary school emphasizing Latin and Greek in preparation for college
- Here Lilanga went to grammar school for four years.
- For most of that time it was a grammar school for boys.
- Miodrag finished primary and grammar school in Belgrade.
- a grammar that is produced by prescriptive linguistics
- There are 184 primary, secondary and grammar schools in the city.
- There was a great deal of variation between direct grant grammar schools.
- Its use by ordinary teachers in grammar schools had been outlawed in 1928.