‹ Granicus Granitelike ›
Meanings and phrases
- plutonic igneous rock having visibly crystalline texture; generally composed of feldspar and mica and quartz
- something having the quality of granite (unyielding firmness)
- a state in New England; one of the original 13 colonies; New Hampshire; NH
- a native or resident of New Hampshire; New Hampshirite
- highly succulent stemless clump-forming plants with grey-green leaves similar in texture to lumps of granite; South Africa; living rock; stone mimicry plant
- He covered the walls with huge slabs of African red granite.
- It is made from red granite.
- A two-meter high red granite monument stands at the east end of this route.
- The whole, along with its various portions, are framed in black granite.
- An important black granite quarry was located at Tombos in the pharaonic era.
- Only remnants of the black granite pyramidion, which topped the pyramid, have been found.
- After it was stolen in 1964, only its granite base remained.
- The bronze statue is 12 feet tall and rests on a granite base 13 feet tall.
- It is made of a steel frame with a granite base, a flat roof, and a facade of brick in Flemish bond.
- The lighthouse is a tall white brick tower on a granite foundation.
- It is built of hard-pressed red brick on a rough granite foundation.
- The house has a roughly rectangular footprint, with a granite foundation.
- It usually grows in mossy places on granite outcrops.
- It grows on granite outcrops between Menzies and Lake King.
- It grows in shallow soil on granite outcrops near Esperance.
- They looked to wood or granite blocks by the 1850s.
- The church is large and built of regular granite blocks.
- The temple is built of large gray granite blocks jointed with iron clamps.
- Over 200 men then cut the pink granite by hand.
- At the center of the fountain is a pink granite obelisk.
- A pink granite lintel over the well now reads 'Wallace's Well'.
- Near the temple complex is a large granite Nandi bull.
- It is a distinctive hill visible from many points on Lower Deeside and is topped with a large granite tor.
- "Microtis graniticola" grows in shallow soil pockets on large granite outcrops in arid areas between Balladonia and Mullewa.
- Its abutments are made of granite fieldstone.
- The tall, hexagonal-based Chinese tower is made of granite.
- Because they are made of granite, the poles last indefinitely.
- Seungseongyo (승선교 / 昇仙橋), Seungseon Bridge, is a granite stone bridge constructed in semi-circular arch configuration 14 meters/46 feet long and 3.5-meters (11.5 feet) wide.
- After his death, people has planned to put up a bust made of granite stone and a 24 feet high concrete pillar (proposed name: Pillar of Strength) on a 0.4 acre land at his native village Sukulchak.
- Alicia Rhett was laid to rest beside her parents at St. Philip's Episcopal Church Cemetery, in Charleston, South Carolina, under a large standing granite stone, marked by her name, dates, with the simple description, "Daughter of Edmund M. and Isobel M. Rhett -Portraitist".
- The whole structure was built with granite rock.
- The granite rock looks like a blooming lotus, with hills surrounding it on three sides.
- The granite rock faces that form the backdrop of the park is a popular venue for rock climbers.
- The base is in grey granite.
- The walls are decorated in grey granite, with orange and red tiles at both ends of the platform.
- Meigs designed a tall, long, wide grey granite and concrete cenotaph to rest on top of the burial vault.