‹ Groundwater Group ›
Meanings and phrases
- the fundamental assumptions from which something is begun or developed or calculated or explained; basis; base; foundation; fundament; cornerstone
- lowest support of a structure; foundation; base; fundament; foot; substructure; understructure
- preliminary preparation as a basis or foundation
- It laid the groundwork for the Japanese economic miracle.
- The saxhorn also laid the groundwork for the modern euphonium.
- This album laid the groundwork for the group's fast maturing sound.
- Like Keen, Dowling would be laying the groundwork for the future.
- Little did we know we were laying the groundwork for a disastrous future."
- The Revised Indicative Basin Plan can also be seen as laying the groundwork for Cambodia's readmission.
- Buie(1909–2000), would lay the groundwork for what would happen in the group's last four years.
- ExpanDrive2 included a rewritten SFTP engine which lay the groundwork for a unified Mac and Windows code base.
- Meanwhile, he began to lay the groundwork for his candidacy in the 1980 Republican Party presidential primaries.