‹ Handshaking Handsomely ›
Meanings and phrases
- pleasing in appearance especially by reason of conformity to ideals of form and proportion; - Thackeray; - Lillian Hellman; fine-looking; good-looking; better-looking; well-favored; well-favoured
- given or giving freely; big; bighearted; bounteous; bountiful; freehanded; giving; liberal; openhanded
- She did, and he became a handsome young prince, who married her.
- A handsome young man arrived.
- Sirio Marson, a handsome young man, enters and engages Lucy in conversation.
- A tall, slim, handsome man, he could often appear aloof, even arrogant.
- According to Mountstuart Elphinstone, "The King of Kabul [Shah Shuja] was a handsome man".
- The Silent Knight is a young handsome man named Brian Kent, living in sixth-century Great Britain.
- Umehito is very handsome under his hood.
- The edifices, originally very handsome, are in a state of sad neglect.
- He designed the very handsome pulpit, composed of Caen stone and marble.