‹ Harmsworth Harnessed ›
Meanings and phrases
- a support consisting of an arrangement of straps for holding something to the body (especially one supporting a person suspended from a parachute)
- stable gear consisting of an arrangement of leather straps fitted to a draft animal so that it can be attached to and pull a cart
- put a harness; tackle
- exploit the power of
- control and direct with or as if by reins; rein in; draw rein; rein
- keep in check; rule; rein
- horse used for pulling vehicles
- a horse race between people riding in sulkies behind horses that are trotting or pacing; harness racing
- a horse race between people riding in sulkies behind horses that are trotting or pacing; harness race
- Dover Downs is a popular harness racing facility.
- He desired to follow his passion and become involved harness racing.
- There are harness racing events there nine months per year, from September to May.
- belt attaching you to some object as a restraint in order to prevent you from getting hurt; safety belt; life belt