‹ Ilxxx Imagery ›
Meanings and phrases
- an iconic mental representation; mental image
- (Jungian psychology) a personal facade that one presents to the world; persona
- a visual representation (of an object or scene or person or abstraction) produced on a surface; picture; icon; ikon
- a standard or typical example; prototype; paradigm; epitome
- language used in a figurative or nonliteral sense; trope; figure of speech; figure
- someone who closely resembles a famous person (especially an actor); double; look-alike
- a representation of a person (especially in the form of sculpture); effigy; simulacrum
- (mathematics) the set of values of the dependent variable for which a function is defined; range; range of a function
- the general impression that something (a person or organization or product) presents to the public
- render visible, as by means of MRI
- imagine; conceive of; see in one's mind; visualize; visualise; envision; project; fancy; see; figure; picture
- a mental image that is similar to an auditory perception
- an image represented as a two dimensional array of brightness values for pixels; bitmap
- a material effigy that is worshipped; idol; god
- a destroyer of images used in religious worship; iconoclast
- the compression of graphics for storage or transmission
- a now obsolete picture pickup tube in a television camera; electrons emitted from a photoemissive surface in proportion to the intensity of the incident light are focused onto the target causing secondary emission of electrons; orthicon
- an electronic device that generates a digital representation of an image for data input to a computer; scanner; digital scanner
- a mental image produced by the imagination; thought-image
- a mental image of something previously experienced
- an iconic mental representation; image
- a likeness in which left and right are reversed; reflection; reflexion
- The SDS was the mirror image of a masculine society.
- The picture presented is a mirror image of the Classical story.
- A rare, mirror image of the Segond fracture has also been described.
- a perfect likeness or counterpart
- a reflected optical image (as seen in a plane mirror)
- a mental image that is similar to a visual perception; visualization; visualisation
- a percept that arises from the eyes; an image in the visual system; visual percept
- a visual image of a spider, and outputs the appropriate reaction, e.g.
- Looking to stand out, he created an eye-catching visual image comprised a pudding basin haircut, cloth cap and short trousers.
- The general release of the film did use the standard four-track stereo soundtrack, printed alongside the visual image on the film.
- Feature detection is a low-level image processing operation.
- Such systems are useful for modeling, for example, image processing.
- At its start, Viscom developed software for industrial image processing.
- The Carranza scandal devastated Hopkins' public image.
- Aaliyah focused on her public image throughout her career.
- The film was notable in changing Linda Darnell's public image.
- In a cover story by "Psychology Today", 1,500 readers (about two-thirds women) were surveyed about male body image.
- On 1 August 2013, Brooker hosted a one-off documentary about body image on Channel 4, titled "Alex Brooker: My Perfect Body".
- Her Pop-inspired icons include ice cream, candy, food and drink, beauty, toys, graphic design and themes related to body image.
- The tip coating may also enhance image quality.
- Consequently, the image quality is reduced.
- Compression and image quality performance of Part 8 is comparable to PNG.
- (see image) Tombstone of Samson Wertheimer at Vienna.
- They are defined by the set of light cones (see image).
- In Skwomesh or Squamish, may be replaced by the digit (see image at right).
- New label, new image, incredible new sound."
- This new image eventually helped cure Ivan, among many others.
- The new image was for the new format of pop hits and rock and roll.
- a written document vs. a digital image).
- Also projected is a digital image of Maserati's traditional analogue clock.
- "The Bomb Project" addressed the role of the digital image as a cultural artifact.
- Its image sensor is a CCD with 6.0 million pixels.
- The M uses a 24-megapixel image sensor.
- Sensors (CCD / CMOS) come in various sizes, or image sensor formats.
- The moving image collection of Dennis Hopper is held at the Academy Film Archive.
- The moving image collection of Franklin J. Schaffner is held at the Academy Film Archive.
- The Mill produces visual effects, moving image, design and digital projects for the advertising, games and music industries.
- Rommel was interested in propaganda beyond the promotion of his own image.
- Odaenathus minted coinage only in the name of Gallienus, and produced no coins bearing his own image.
- They are made of plaster and represent the sculptor's own image about the fate of mankind in the 20th century.
- The original image has lost several fingers over the centuries.
- An example of Robinson compass masks applied to the original image.
- The original image is the one on the top and the result is below it.
- The cover image is an obvious take on the album cover for "Sgt.
- All album art, including the cover image, is by Richard Bernstein.
- For issue 5, Critchlow also used his new style for the cover image.
- Due to their constant desire for a simplistic, positive image, books must be suppressed.
- Abel Goumba was named vice-president, which gave Bozizé's new government a positive image.
- In addition, a charismatic first lady can help convey a positive image of her spouses to the population.
- XBM image data consists of a line of pixel values stored in a static array.
- Computer graphics produces image data from 3D models, computer vision often produces 3D models from image data.
- The latter enables image analysis workflows with concise syntax.
- Computer vision covers the core technology of automated image analysis which is used in many fields.
- The fields most closely related to computer vision are image processing, image analysis and machine vision.
- This is well defined because all elements in the same class have the same image.
- The same image appeared in the "Babes: The Girls of Sci Fi" special issue of "SFX".
- The same image was later used as the sleeve design for the UK follow up single "The Way Life's Meant to Be".
- The iconic image is of Nancy spying on a cave from behind a tree.
- The moment was captured by cameras and became an iconic image of Tugnutt.
- He was photographed with his injuries which became an iconic image of the bombings.
- This eventually led to the sport taking on a negative image.
- Others deplored the negative image that the braceros' departure produced for the Mexican nation.
- West recites lines that depict a negative image and reveal feelings of opposition towards the lady he is referencing.
- Comic Seer's foundation is built upon CBR, CBZ, and image file viewing.
- TopologiLinux creates a hard disk image file on an NTFS or FAT partition.
- The image file formats that are supported include JPG/JPEG, PNG, GIF, TIF and Bitmap (BMP).
- The first image from the set was revealed on June 26, 2012.
- The first image to be successfully recovered by the project was released in November 2008.
- The first image ever to be displayed on an Apple Macintosh was a scan of Carl Barks' Scrooge McDuck.
- The Garuda image shows power and thoroughness.
- The image shows an asymmetric center and a small galactic bar.
- The image shows pedestrians in the in the 8th arrondissement of Paris.
- One final image that Martin explores is the Cat's Paw ad.
- This ultimate authority of God is the final image of "Surat al-Muddaththir".
- The acceptable circle of confusion depends on how the final image will be used.
- Therefore, each image engenders its opposite.
- They go through each image and state whether it has been correctly categorised.
- This means that for each image matrix of size MxN, a Mx1 or 1xN matrix is calculated.
- They continue to play a role in forming the popular image of the composer.
- (1942), Many other films helped to shape the popular image of the nation at war.
- He also likened it to Our Lady of Antipolo, another popular image of similar provenance and appearance.
- The image plane can be translated up and down in the sample, allowing generation of 3D image stacks.
- An image is generated by scanning the focused spot throughout the image plane and compiling the point intensity measurements.
- Once a set of photons from a specific molecule is collected, it forms a diffraction-limited spot in the image plane of the microscope.
- All that remains are a few microscope slides and a single image.
- According to Spink, "After 480, not a single image was ever made again at the site".
- Sound can be recorded during video filming or a 4-second sound bite can be recorded for play with a single image.
- Eurostar had previously struggled with its reputation and brand image.
- The latter company claimed that their trademark and brand image had been damaged.
- Shortly afterwards, however, the pack design and brand image whole-heartedly returned to its roots.
- Alternatively, image files in various formats are available from the European Commission.
- XBM files differ markedly from most image files in that they take the form of C source files.
- Attachments can be downloaded to the hard disk or to a folder on Google Drive, or to Google+ Photos in case of image files.
- The lens does not have image stabilization.
- The adapters support autofocus, image stabilization and electronic aperture control.
- It also has SteadyShot with Intelligent Auto in addition to the five-axis sensor-shift image stabilization first seen in the Xperia XZ.