‹ Incumbency Incumbents ›
Meanings and phrases
- lying or leaning on something else
- necessary (for someone) as a duty or responsibility; morally binding
- currently holding an office
- the official who holds an office; officeholder
- morally binding or necessary
- He considered running for governor in 1990 against incumbent Gov.
- He ran against incumbent Republican Raúl Labrador and Democrat Jimmy Farris.
- Five challengers qualified to run against incumbent council member Chris Cate.
- He defeated incumbent Democrat, William H. West.
- He defeated incumbent Michael Avery 55%–44%.
- He defeated incumbent Republican Senator Tom Sawyer by 280 votes.
- His opponent was incumbent mayor James Harper.
- In 1967 Tanzler ran against incumbent mayor Lou Ritter for the Democratic nomination.
- The mayoralty was an open seat, as incumbent mayor Matt Brown was not running for re-election.
- The Republicans only gained one seat by defeating incumbent Daniel F. Steck (D-IA).
- Williams was elected to the U.S. Senate in 1946, defeating incumbent Democratic U.S.
- Clark was first elected to the Assembly in 2008, defeating incumbent Republican J.A.
- Gavin was the first incumbent president to be defeated by an independent challenger.
- 92% of the coverage on the six main TV channels were dedicated to the incumbent president.
- The incumbent president, Alexander Lukashenko, was one of the candidates running for office.
- Joyal led the newly formed MAG and ran for mayor against the incumbent, Jean Drapeau.
- Their first game in the league was against the incumbent league champions, Badalona Dracs.
- On 8 May 1898 Giacobbi ran for election as deputy of Corte against the incumbent Luce de Casabianca.
- He defeated the incumbent, Russell Fillner.
- He defeated the incumbent 54%-46% in the Democratic primary.
- Congressman Reuben E. Fenton and Speaker Thomas G. Alvord defeated the incumbent Gov.
- He lost to incumbent Thomas J. Buckley 59% to 40%.
- He lost to incumbent Edward J. Cronin 56% to 43%.
- He lost to incumbent Edward J. Cronin 53% to 46%.
- At age , DeSantis is the youngest incumbent governor of a U.S. state.
- Andrey Vorobyov, the incumbent governor, was re-elected for a new term.
- In Connecticut, the incumbent governor's party is listed on top of the ballot.
- She won the NRM political party primary by defeating the incumbent, Florence Naiga.
- Three new Labour councillors were elected, defeating the incumbent independent Councillor Catherine Dobson.
- He was elected in the 2006 provincial election, defeating the incumbent Progressive Conservative Gary Hines with 46.39% of the vote.
- Ohio was won by incumbent President George W. Bush by a 2.1% margin of victory.
- Texas was won by incumbent President George W. Bush by a 22.9% margin of victory.
- Florida was won by incumbent President George W. Bush by a 5.0% margin of victory.
- Covey unsuccessfully challenged incumbent Oakland County Sheriff Mike Bouchard in 2016.
- In 1964, Blatt challenged incumbent Republican Senator Hugh Scott, who was seeking a second term.
- After winning the Democratic nomination, Tedesco challenged incumbent county executive Kathleen Donovan.
- District 9: This is a new seat, with no current incumbent.
- District 96: This is a new seat, with no current incumbent.
- District 87: This is a new seat, with no current incumbent.