‹ Intercity Intercom ›
Meanings and phrases
- used of competition between colleges or universities
- The University abolished intercollegiate athletics in 1933.
- The University has a rich heritage in intercollegiate athletics.
- This period also saw the infancy of intercollegiate athletics at the Academy.
- Costs were further reduced in 1969 by cutting all intercollegiate athletic programs.
- It became a member of the Patriot League along with the university's other intercollegiate athletic programs on July 1, 2013.
- Landmark Conference The Landmark Conference is an intercollegiate athletic conference affiliated with the NCAA's Division III.
- Organized intercollegiate football was first played in the state of Florida in 1901.
- The 1915 team was the first year University Farm competed in intercollegiate football.
- On November 6, 1869, the United States witnessed its first intercollegiate football game.
- McMurry fields teams in 19 different intercollegiate sports.
- In the same year, the college also ended participation in intercollegiate sports.
- At the time, collegiate rules prohibited freshmen from playing intercollegiate sports.
- The first intercollegiate women's game was on April 4, 1896.
- Volleyball became the first intercollegiate sport in the fall of 1995.
- The first intercollegiate contest was a baseball game against Cumberland College in 1910.