‹ Intestate Intestine ›
Meanings and phrases
- of or relating to or inside the intestines; enteric; enteral
- branch of the superior mesenteric artery that supplies the ileum; ileal artery; arteria ileum
- an artery that is a branch of the superior mesenteric artery that supplies the jejunum; jejunal artery
- surgical operation that shortens the small intestine; used in treating obesity
- acute abdominal pain (especially in infants); colic; gripes; griping
- harmless microorganisms (as Escherichia coli) that inhabit the intestinal tract and are essential for its normal functioning
- inflammation of the stomach and intestines; can be caused by Salmonella enteritidis; gastroenteritis; stomach flu
- secretions by glands lining the walls of the intestines
- blockage of the intestine (especially the ileum) that prevents the contents of the intestine from passing to the lower bowel; ileus
- In rare cases, the intestinal tract itself can twist and even rupture.
- A weekly fast day can be beneficial, as it allows the intestinal tract to be purged.
- Parasitic Apicomplexa are often found in the intestinal tract, especially the crop, of Lepismatidae.