‹ Jahweh Jailbird ›
Meanings and phrases
- a correctional institution used to detain persons who are in the lawful custody of the government (either accused persons awaiting trial or convicted persons serving a sentence); jailhouse; gaol; clink; slammer; poky; pokey
- lock up or confine, in or as in a jail; imprison; incarcerate; lag; immure; put behind bars; jug; gaol; put away; remand
- a criminal who has been jailed repeatedly; jailbird; gaolbird
- a room where a prisoner is kept; cell; prison cell
- He is surprised to be put in a jail cell naked.
- What was it like to be in a jail cell?
- Albert was restrained in a jail cell with 20 Baluchi tribesmen.
- the use of force to liberate prisoners
- She ended up spending four and a half years in jail.
- Ionescu was eventually sentenced to six years in jail.
- If convicted, Kılıç could face up to 15 years in jail.
- In 1947, Albizu Campos was released from jail.
- Lakhvi was released from jail on bail on 10 April 2015.
- Dexter is released from jail, having been rehabilitated.
- In April 1997, he received a 13 year jail sentence.
- He was released from this jail sentence in 2006.
- a chicken) carries a mandatory jail sentence of 2 years.
- Judges also can order fines, which may lead to jail time if not paid.
- The Act also increases fines and specifies jail time for some violations.
- To avoid jail time, she accepted an additional 180-day rehab sentence in September 2005.
- He was sentenced to probation and six months in jail.
- He was released after 16 months in jail.
- He was sentenced to six months in jail.
- He served 60 days in jail for contempt of court.
- He served thirty days in jail for the crime.
- He was sentenced to thirty days in jail.
- Biaggi was sent to jail and lost his seat in Congress.
- Kathir was then sent to jail for this crime.
- Guodong, Zach and Jianhao get arrested and sent to jail.
- Five of the six defendants were hanged at the county jail.
- Jones was arrested and taken to the county jail in Nashville.
- William was sent to the county jail in Charlottetown to await trial.
- This resulted in arrest and a jail term for the writer.
- He was sentenced to a four year jail term.
- He was arrested and sentenced to a three-year jail term which was later partially suspended.
- The innkeeper would serve time in jail for his efforts.
- They've spent enough time in jail.
- In 1987, Fenner spent time in jail after being arrested and charged for a murder.
- He also said that he would rather go to jail than comply with the ruling.
- But if I have to go to jail to allow people to express their opinion I am happy."
- He has been sentenced to jail for drug crimes and other offences.
- Biberstein and two others from the council were sentenced to jail.
- In 1973, he was sentenced to jail for his social and political ideas.
- He spent about a year in jail.
- He was sentenced to one year in jail and ordered to repay over $100,000.
- The proposed law also allowed for up to a year in jail on the third offence.
- Although they were given long jail sentences, they were released in 1986 during a general amnesty.
- The boys were convicted of sexual assault and forced to serve jail sentences of between 2 and 2.5 years.
- In 2017 a handful of men were arrested for eating in public during Ramadan, they were convicted of committing “a provocative act of public indecency” and sentenced to month-long jail sentences.
- The verdicts carry potential jail terms of up to 25 years in state prison.
- Miller and Cooper faced potential jail terms for failure to cooperate with the Special Counsel's investigations.
- Individuals who attempt to run as independents or self-nominated candidates sometimes face repercussions, including jail terms.
- After his release from jail, Roscigna disappeared in 1936.
- He also covered the release from jail of Irish politician Liam Lawlor.
- Upon his release from jail, Cantin moved away from the town, starting a new life elsewhere.
- He participated in the Indian Independence Movement and went to jail.
- As a result, I went to jail.
- He was a renowned freedom Fighter and went to jail many times during the British Raj.