‹ Joist Joked ›
Meanings and phrases
- a humorous anecdote or remark intended to provoke laughter; gag; laugh; jest; jape
- a ludicrous or grotesque act done for fun and amusement; antic; prank; trick; caper; put-on
- activity characterized by good humor; jest; jocularity
- a triviality not to be taken seriously
- tell a joke; speak humorously; jest
- act in a funny or teasing way; jest
- an indelicate joke; dirty joke; dirty story; blue story
- an indelicate joke; dirty story; blue joke; blue story
- a joke at the expense of some ethnic group
- deceive somebody; flim-flam; play tricks; trick; fob; fox; pull a fast one on; play a trick on
- subject to a playful hoax or joke; hoax; pull someone's leg
- a prank or trick played on a person (especially one intended to make the victim appear foolish)
- Madame Beudet is used to Monsieur Beudet playing a stupid practical joke.
- After she shows him her hand, Ballinger suggests she is playing a practical joke.
- It appeared the urging to join the contest was in the nature of a "lark" or practical joke.
- a joke in bad taste
- a joke whose effect is achieved by visual means rather than by speech (as in a movie); sight gag
- This becomes a running joke in the film.
- Bunky's crying become a running joke among fans of the series, and Bunky has often acknowledged the jokes.
- The lyric "Don't quote me on that" was a reference to a running joke at Sound City around the time it was written.