‹ Kedgeree Keel-shaped ›
Meanings and phrases
- a projection or ridge that suggests a keel
- the median ridge on the breastbone of birds that fly
- one of the main longitudinal beams (or plates) of the hull of a vessel; can extend vertically into the water to provide lateral stability
- walk as if unable to control one's movements; stagger; reel; lurch; swag; careen
- either of two lengthwise fins attached along the outside of a ship's bilge; reduces rolling
- a retractable fin keel used on sailboats to prevent drifting to leeward; centerboard; centreboard; sliding keel
- a metal plate projecting from the keel of a shallow vessel to give it greater lateral stability
- The boat has a draft of with the standard fin keel.
- The fixed fin keel version displaces and carries of lead ballast.
- The fin keel is externally bolted with lead ballast encapsulated in GRP.
- a pointed arch having an S-shape on both sides; ogee arch
- turn over and fall
- a retractable fin keel used on sailboats to prevent drifting to leeward; centerboard; centreboard; drop keel
- "Thomas Hudner"s keel was laid on 16 November 2015.
- Her keel was laid down by the New York Navy Yard in 1847.
- "Jun'yō"s keel was laid down by Mitsubishi on Slipway No.