‹ Lav Lavabo ›
Meanings and phrases
- rock that in its molten form (as magma) issues from volcanos; lava is what magma is called when it reaches the surface
- lava that hardened in rounded shapes suggestive of pillows; believed to result from underwater eruptions
- The cones have given rise to about 60 lava flows.
- Mount Defiance is composed chiefly of lava flows.
- It is found on rock, lava flows, mud and even clay.
- Teopanzolco was built upon a hill formed from a lava flow.
- These volcanoes are associated with black lava flow fields.
- The lava flow at Kalapana ceased when the lava tube system shut down.
- Amorong is one of a cluster of small lava domes and diatremes.
- Some of these lava domes and necks penetrated older basaltic layers.
- Overlying this shelf is a system of lava domes, which reach thicknesses of .
- This last eruption may be associated with the formation of a lava dome.
- Traces of explosive activity during the lava dome stage have been found.
- The most recent eruption, in 1952, formed a small lava dome on the island's coast.
- The interior has been flooded by basaltic lava, leaving a level, featureless floor.
- The interior surface is irregular, but sections have been resurfaced by basaltic lava.
- The Hawaiian Islands, for example, consist almost entirely of layered basaltic lava flows.
- Lava caves include but are not limited to lava tubes.
- The Kazumura Cave lava tubes were also created by this eruption.
- There are tours led through lava tubes by a guiding service (e.g.