‹ Layby Layered ›
Meanings and phrases
- single thickness of usually some homogeneous substance; bed
- a relatively thin sheetlike expanse or region lying over or under another
- a hen that lays eggs
- thin structure composed of a single thickness of cells
- an abstract place usually conceived as having depth; level; stratum
- make or form a layer
- the highest region of the ionosphere (from 90 to 600 miles up) which contains the highest concentration of free electrons and is most useful for long-range radio transmission; F layer; F region
- a region of the ionosphere (from 50 to 90 miles up) that reflects radio waves of medium length; Heaviside layer; Kennelly-Heaviside layer; E region
- the highest region of the ionosphere (from 90 to 600 miles up) which contains the highest concentration of free electrons and is most useful for long-range radio transmission; Appleton layer; F region
- a region of the ionosphere (from 50 to 90 miles up) that reflects radio waves of medium length; Kennelly-Heaviside layer; E layer; E region
- a region of the ionosphere (from 50 to 90 miles up) that reflects radio waves of medium length; Heaviside layer; E layer; E region
- the layer of slower flow of a fluid past a surface
- Of course, the theorem is not valid inside the boundary layer regime.
- The concept of a boundary layer is important in many problems in aerodynamics.
- Skin friction is caused by viscous drag in the boundary layer around the object.
- the part of the conjunctiva covering the anterior face of the sclera and the surface epithelium of the cornea; bulbar conjunctiva; tunica conjunctiva bulbi
- the part of the conjunctiva lining the posterior surface of the eyelids; continuous with the bulbar conjunctiva; palpebra conjunctiva; tunica conjunctiva palpebrarum
- (embryology) any of the 3 layers of cells differentiated in embryos following gastrulation
- the outermost layer of the epidermis consisting of dead cells that slough off; stratum corneum; corneum
- cake having layers held together by a sweet filling and usually covered with frosting
- the innermost layer of the epidermis; stratum germinativum; stratum basale; rete Malpighii
- a layer in the stratosphere (at approximately 20 miles) that contains a concentration of ozone sufficient to block most ultraviolet radiation from the sun; ozonosphere
- All else being equal (e.g., cloud cover, ozone layer, terrain, etc.
- The ozone layer blocks ultraviolet solar radiation, permitting life on land.
- The flight also collected data about earth’s atmosphere and its ozone layer.
- a pliable sheet of tissue that covers or lines or connects the organs or cells of animals or plants; membrane
- Overlying the lava disc is a thin layer of tuff.
- A thin layer of water was then added for the fresh ice.
- Atop the thin layer is placed an explosive.
- All rank insignia are worn on the outer layer of the jacket.
- The underground bulb is 1–2 cm diameter, with a fibrous outer layer.
- A crust formed when the molten outer layer of Earth cooled to form a solid.
- "Eucera" have a thick layer of fur and are dark in color.
- A thick layer of woven fibers surrounds this fluffy layer.
- 1 m x 50 cm x 30 cm) covered with a thick layer of stucco.
- The top layer is clear yellow serum (the "yellow bile").
- The larva then create a “warble” with a small hole at the top layer of skin for breathing.
- Dermatophytes are a type of fungus that invades the top layer of the skin, hair, or nails.
- forms a thin, protective, surface layer of oxide.
- The surface layer ranges from in thickness.
- The surface layer include many sclerites which form a crust.
- It has a layered structure where atoms are strongly bonded within each layer.
- Rocks normally form relatively horizontal layers, with each layer younger than the one underneath it.
- Note that at the physical layer, this is considered as synchronous serial communication.
- The Ethernet PHY is a component that operates at the physical layer of the OSI network model.
- The comprise several wiring and signaling variants of the OSI physical layer in use with Ethernet.
- The endocervical mucosa is about thick and lined with a single layer of columnar mucous cells.
- The entire building consisted of mud bricks with a single layer of rough stones at ground level.
- For this reason the GAUL product is not a single layer but a group of layers, named the GAUL Set.
- The bitunicate asci are thick-walled, with an outer and inner layer.
- Endocarditis Endocarditis is an inflammation of the inner layer of the heart, the endocardium.
- The spores have a two-layered wall, with a dense outer layer with spines, and a fibrous inner layer.
- During anodization, an oxide layer is formed on the aluminium.
- These modules do not require the presence of a transparent conducting oxide layer.
- To clean W sharp tips, it is highly desirable to remove contaminant and oxide layer.
- Outside, on the upper layer of tomb a cubicle body was raised.
- Hence, alkanes form the upper layer in an alkane–water mixture.
- The upper layer is often richly adorned with embroidery, beading or sequins.
- The definition of the double layer potential shows that it vanishes at ∞, so that it is harmonic at ∞.
- The Mark 8, its predecessor, was a double layer suit which gave the wearer the appearance of a Michelin Man.
- Structurally, the spongy columns comprise a double layer of tubes, a large inner one and two or three outer ones.
- The second layer (adds 4 kbit/s for a total of 12 kbit/s) is a narrowband enhancement layer.
- The ship was protected by a main armored belt that was with a second layer of steel that was thick.
- The first layer is linear, the second layer has a hyperbolic tangent activation function, and the third layer is linear.
- This would then be covered by another layer.
- On the outer sheath, another layer of greenheart was laid.
- Each layer is allowed to dry before another layer of batter is poured over the previous.
- It is also possible to establish a connection using the data link layer.
- AARP resolves AppleTalk addresses to link layer, usually MAC, addresses.
- The PHY usually does not handle MAC addressing, as that is the link layer's job.
- The first layer (or core layer) at 8 kbit/s follows the G.729 format.
- The first layer deposited on the cavity walls is commonly known as the priming layer.
- Then the first layer of coloured lacquer is applied, usually followed by silver leaf and another layer of clear lacquer.
- All client-server protocols operate in the application layer.
- The application layer protocol defines the basic patterns of the dialogue.
- This layer, presentation Layer and application layer are combined in TCP/IP model.
- Higher communication level (transport layer) is DPA.
- ATM operates as a channel-based transport layer, using virtual circuits (VCs).
- The transport layer protocol has to be improved to handle lost or broken connections.