‹ Literatim Liters ›
Meanings and phrases
- creative writing of recognized artistic value
- the humanistic study of a body of literature; lit
- published writings in a particular style on a particular subject
- the profession or art of a writer
Bachelor of Literature
- a bachelor's degree in literature; BLitt
Master of Literature
- a master's degree in literature; MLitt
Medical Literature Analysis and Retrieval System
- relational database of the United States National Library of Medicine for the storage and retrieval of bibliographical information concerning the biomedical literature; MEDLARS
- Hindu literature written in Sanskrit
- (Judaism) ancient rabbinical writings
- (from the Sanskrit word for `knowledge') any of the most ancient sacred writings of Hinduism written in early Sanskrit; traditionally believed to comprise the Samhitas, the Brahmanas, the Aranyakas, and the Upanishads; Veda
- study of literary works from different cultures (often in translation)
- D. degrees in comparative literature from Princeton University.
- in comparative literature from Columbia University, New York in 1917.
- degree in classics and comparative literature at Brooklyn College in 1963.
- any of the biblical books (Proverbs, Ecclesiastes, Song of Songs, Wisdom of Solomon, Ecclesiasticus) that are considered to contain wisdom; sapiential book; wisdom book
- The Tai Nua people have their own culture, tradition, language and literature.
- The first evidence he witnessed was in the novel use of language and literature.
- 1952 he started Latvian language and literature studies at the University of Latvia.
- This find was in 1977 reported in the scientific literature.
- It was first described in the scientific literature in 1961.
- There is an extensive scientific literature on chess psychology.
- Apollo has often featured in postclassical art and literature.
- Frigg is referenced in art and literature into the modern period.
- It exclusively showcases art and literature from the Former Yugoslavia.
- Such viewpoints are a minority in the medical literature.
- It was first described in the medical literature in 1911.
- By 2000, over 250 human cases had been reported in the medical literature.
- It was variously named in classical literature , , and .
- Alfonso was particularly attracted to classical literature.
- His knowledge of the Bible and classical literature was all-encompassing.
- In turn, French literature has also had a radical impact on world literature.
- Mu Xin taught world literature to a group of artists in New York from 1989 to 1994.
- Many literary critics rate him as one of the greatest psychologists in world literature.
- Cannibalism is mentioned many times in early history and literature.
- in history and literature from Harvard University in 1979, "magna cum laude".
- Besides his profession his father wrote books about history and literature history.
- The game includes one hundred public domain works of literature.
- Antiguan author Jamaica Kincaid has published over 20 works of literature.
- Particular works of literature have come to be known as key feminist texts.
- Hu Shih and Lu Xun were pioneers in modern literature.
- The Erinyes persist as a theme that appears in modern literature.
- She has a degree in modern literature and human resources management.
- From 1911 to 1914, he studied literature and art history in Berlin and Munich.
- Certainly Persian literature and art give us the richest accounts of polo in antiquity.
- They fell behind advances in philosophy, law, literature and art taking place in France and Italy.
- He studied literature, Ancient Greek, and Latin.
- Miller studied literature at Cambridge and Princeton.
- He studied literature at the University of Ljubljana.
- She specializes in Judaism, especially talmudic literature and culture.
- Seren's aim is to bring Welsh literature and culture to a wider audience.
- Christmas stories have become prevalent in Western literature and culture.
- A keen student of literature and philosophy, he wrote two books.
- The essays deal with topics such as art, literature and philosophy.
- It is dedicated to the literature and philosophy of Arne and his wife, Hulda.
- 2009 in poetry Nationality words link to articles with information on the nation's poetry or literature (for instance, Irish or France).
- 1696 in poetry Nationality words link to articles with information on the nation's poetry or literature (for instance, Irish or France).
- 1694 in poetry Nationality words link to articles with information on the nation's poetry or literature (for instance, Irish or France).
- Bibliometrics is a field of statistics used to provide quantitative analysis of academic literature.
- The most common disadvantage cited for expert systems in the academic literature is the knowledge acquisition problem.
- In the academic literature, three waves of research trying to assess the existence of exorbitant privilege are distinguished by Curcuru et al.
- He awarded Padma Shri in 2017 for literature and history .
- Also there, he became acquainted with Polish literature and history.
- Culture, literature and history constitute the core of Ukrainian studies.
- Swarupananda taught her Bengali and Hindu religious literature every day.
- Classical Mandaic is the language in which the Mandaeans' gnostic religious literature was composed.
- Authorities harassed, fined, and detained Hare Krishnas for illegally distributing religious literature.
- A 1999 literature review re-examined the conclusions of "Bias in Mental Testing" using new data.
- To define the way to ask the scientific question, an exhaustive literature review might be necessary.
- According to a 2011 literature review, caffeine use is positively associated with anxiety and panic disorders.
- "Chicago Poems" established Sandburg as a major figure in contemporary literature.
- He pursued academic studies at the University of Paris where he studied contemporary literature.
- ""WordTheatre brings contemporary literature to a market that would have never found it otherwise.
- During the 17th century, popular literature in the language began to appear.
- However, these were limited to popular literature until the late 19th century.
- He is widely considered in popular literature as the "father of modern chemistry".
- Before 1492, there was the literature written in Andalusian Arabic.
- In a strict sense, Czech literature is the literature written in the Czech language.
- Francophone literature Francophone literature is literature written in the French language.
- The most typical traits of Basque literature during history have gradually shifted up to the present time.
- In total, Lennert contributed over 300 scholarly papers and 4 textbooks to the medical literature during his working life.
- She became immersed in black liberation theology literature during her time of teaching at the Howard University, School of Religion.
- He also studied in depth the oral literature related to different village spirits and ghosts of Thai lore.
- Additionally, many stories from indigenous oral literature exemplified the representation of LGBT characters through deities and the like.
- Ainu oral literature has been documented both in hopes of safeguarding it for future generations, as well as using it as a teaching tool for language learners.
- In Puranic literature such as the "Brahma Vaivarta Purana", she is known as the Goddess of love.
- Authors of adult fantasy literature such as Tim Powers have also testified to being influenced by Lewis's work.
- The novel contains embedded literature such as poems, and the paradox of a "real" biography by an "unreal" writer.
- Legends were a staple of medieval literature.
- Yellin wrote numerous books about language, history, and medieval literature.
- Histories were as much a part of medieval literature as other forms, such as the romance.
- Dostoevsky showed interest in literature since his childhood.
- His father, having a strong interest in literature, named Pablo after Chilean poet Pablo Neruda.
- Already in his teenage years, Pirjevec developed an interest in literature, especially in the French poètes maudits.
- Much is written about these topics in rabbinic literature.
- It demonstrated that large parts of the Koran were taken from, or based on, rabbinic literature.
- The others immediately began quoting all passages in rabbinic literature allowing prayer in the vernacular.
- He is interested in classical music, arts and literature.
- Right from his childhood, Mahendra was interested in fine arts and literature.
- Surya as a deity is also found in the arts and literature of Buddhism and Jainism.
- Khetaka in used as a name of a region surrounding the place in ancient literature.
- This is the only evocation in the ancient literature of the Parthenon's decoration.
- The study of Chinese ancient literature is one of the key studies in Hubei Province.
- In 1970, he received a bachelor's degree with majors in languages and literature.
- Romanian national poet Mihai Eminescu was interested in Indian languages and literature.
- She graduated in modern languages and literature from Bocconi University in Milan in 1972.
- The latter space is often in the older literature referred to as "the" Hilbert space.
- In older literature, the Cabang Atas is referred to as the baba bangsawan (Malay for 'Chinese gentry').
- The abbreviation IGM for International Grandmaster is also sometimes used, particularly in older literature.
- Margaret Atwood called it one of the "wellsprings" of fantasy literature.
- Melanie Rawn Melanie Rawn (born 1954) is an American author of fantasy literature.
- The novel is widely considered one of the masterpieces of Japanese fantasy literature.
- An early review by Flemish critic and professor of literature Dr. J.A.
- In 1936 he was appointed as a professor of literature in the university.
- He is currently professor of literature at the University of Notre Dame.
- Some scholarly literature spell Prāyaścitta without diacritic as Prayascitta or Prayashchitta.
- They have become known in the scholarly literature as the Lewis Painter and the Nausikaa Painter.
- At certain points in the 1970s, "Chicano" was the preferred term for reference to Mexican Americans, particularly in scholarly literature.
- Delphi inspired literature as well.
- The theme of "the unattainable woman" has been used thoroughly in medieval literature as well, although it differs from a dominatrix.
- The author was praised for her involvement in expanding African literature as well as feminism through personal accounts of her life.
- However, his primary interests during his years in Vienna became philosophy and literature.
- Bielovucic attended school and university in Paris where he graduated with degrees in philosophy and literature.
- A convert to Christianity, he was an educated man who was familiar with classical Greek philosophy and literature.
- It is one of the largest combined music and literature festivals in Europe.
- Nietzsche led "Germania", a music and literature club, during his summers in Naumburg.
- He was decorated Knight, First Class of the Order of St. Olav in 1994 for his work in music and literature.
- He contributed widely to Gujarati folk literature.
- The tall tale is a fundamental element of American folk literature.
- The pre-colonial period, that is from the 18th to 19th century A.D. was another important era in the history of Mizo folk literature.
- He won many prizes for literature and poetry in France and Belgium.
- During the 1960s, he taught literature and poetry courses at C. W. Post College.
- Apart from his work in literature and poetry, Quang Dũng was also an artist and musician.
- in English literature and music at Denison University in 1986.
- This list focuses on the popular cultures of literature and music.
- He was a painter and composer, and combined his passion for literature and music in several librettos for the opera.
- Each has been associated with its own body of literature.
- These publications form the body of literature that fosters the Institute's policy of promoting education and research.
- Other Breton-language periodicals have been published, which established a fairly large body of literature for a minority language.
- As a result, historical literature has completely bypassed the Meena tribe.
- Their figure of 6,028,000 Polish war dead has been cited in historical literature since then.
- David Brick, in his 2010 review of historical literature on widow burning, places him about 1000 CE.