‹ Locomotive Locomotor ›
Meanings and phrases
- The railway relies on its fleet of steam locomotives.
- In 1845, production of steam locomotives began.
- Most Sundays, one of the steam locomotives is operated.
- The LMS diesel locomotives had engines of only .
- Most use both steam and diesel locomotives for haulage.
- The railroad operates diesel locomotives on the whole line.
- They are part of the large 1980s family of 144 electric locomotives.
- Freight trains were hauled by electric locomotives until March 1998.
- Diesel and electric locomotives have gradually replaced steam locomotives.
- By 1943, X class locomotives were each averaging per annum.
- Most were scrapped and their boilers fitted to F class locomotives.
- The frames were stored and the boilers used as spares for the N and U class locomotives.
- Electric locomotives built by CEMSA included:
- These modifications were used in all future locomotives built by EMD.
- The locomotives built before the 1870s were given names as well as numbers.
- The four locomotives were built in 1904 by the firm of Borsig.
- Some locomotives were built in-house.
- Five NC locomotives were built.
- Class 699.1 was a rebuild of the engines into tank locomotives.
- The three tank locomotives had an outer frame and a "Klose" drive.
- In the beginning two Bavarian D X tank locomotives worked the line.
- The new locomotives cost around 400 million yen each.
- These new locomotives are generally referred to as the Rover class.
- The new locomotives were numbered 172–190 (renumbered 2972–2990 in 1912).
- It was typical of the passenger locomotives of the time.
- It could fairly be said that the overall styling influenced passenger locomotives around the world.
- The locomotives used saturated steam and compound expansion.
- In locomotives used for mineral traffic the advantages seem to have been marginal.
- The locomotives used were: The extras on board the St Trinian's train were pupils from a local convent school.
- They were 0-8-0 tender locomotives with two outside cylinders.
- The genesis of the class was in the four earlier Class D 0-8-0 tender locomotives.
- The decision was taken to rebuild them into more conventional 4-6-0 tender locomotives.
- Seven locomotives were delivered in 2013.
- 12 locomotives were delivered by Hanomag between 1898 and 1901.
- The locomotives were delivered between 1861 and 1866 and entered service on the Porrettana railway.
- RMNE has an extensive collection of locomotives and rolling stock of New England heritage, with over 80 pieces of full-sized railroad equipment.
- Greig & Beadon's Patent Light Railway Greig & Beadon's Patent Light Railway was a patented system of narrow gauge locomotives and rolling stock.
- A. E. Goodwin AE Goodwin was an Australian heavy engineering firm, which produced railway locomotives and rolling stock, as well as roadmaking machinery at its factory in Auburn.
- After the war, Class 20 steam locomotives were used on the line.
- Two classes of tank locomotives were used in the United Kingdom, both built for hump shunting.
- These locomotives were used above all on lines with steep inclines in the Black Forest and the Odenwald.
- Some of the narrow gauge locomotives were fifty or more years old, and the rolling stock not much the younger.
- The one area where the type proved to be useful was on broad gauge locomotives, where sharp bends were less of an issue.
- Grand Trunk purchased 200 standard gauge locomotives (including 62 from Portland Company) and converted 135 old locomotives.
- By 1922, the OFM factory was only producing railway locomotives and similar rolling stock parts.
- Beugniot designed a system for articulating the driving axles of railway locomotives, known as the Beugniot lever.
- Although mostly used for static steam plants, some were used in early steam vehicles, railway locomotives and ships.
- Prussian T 37 The Prussian T 37s were German steam locomotives operated by the Prussian state railways.
- Saxon V The Saxon Class Vs were German, six-coupled, goods train, tender locomotives operated by the Royal Saxon State Railways.
- Seibu Class E851 The was a class of four DC electric locomotives operated by the private railway operator Seibu Railway in Japan between 1969 and 1996.
- Radial axles were also used in locomotives designed by F.W.
- The Armstrong Class were a group of four locomotives designed by William Dean and built in 1894 with driving wheels.
- 1 to 4 (or Baden C) were six-wheeled, narrow gauge, tank locomotives designed for the metre gauge line from Mosbach to Mudau.
- An exception was shunting locomotives (switchers).
- Acton has had a number of shunting locomotives over the years.
- British shunting locomotives were rarely fitted with superheaters.