‹ Meanie Meaningful ›
Meanings and phrases
- rich in significance or implication; pregnant; significant
- the message that is intended or expressed or signified; significance; signification; import
- the idea that is intended; substance
- the meaning of a word that depends on its role in a sentence; varies with inflectional form
- the meaning of a content word that depends on the nonlinguistic concepts it is used to express
- the accepted meaning of a word; word sense; acceptation
- Steorn is a Norse word meaning to guide or manage.
- Flavum Flavum is a Latin word meaning "yellow".
- Abshar Abshar () is Persian word meaning Waterfall.
- It is a toponymic surname literally meaning "one from Eperjes (Prešov)".
- Sugár Sugár is a Hungarian-language surname literally meaning "light ray".
- The name in Japanese is / ( or ) literally meaning "Kuril Islands bag nori".
- ", meaning “A step ahead” (literally, “An idea further”).
- They called it Loma Linda, meaning “Beautiful Hill” in Spanish.
- "Hemi" comes directly from the Greek prefix hemi, meaning “half”.
- Georgian title "mephet'mephe" has the same meaning.
- For example, "shoemaker" and "cordwainer" have the same meaning.
- The word "discothèque" had the same meaning in English in the 1950s.
- Ottone (name) Ottone is an Italian name meaning "owner".
- "Tallahatchie" is a Choctaw name meaning "rock of waters."
- Ernest is a Germanic name meaning severe.
- The original meaning in medieval times was "steward, i.e.
- Semantics replaced it in its original meaning, beginning in 1893.
- Later the Greeks knew the original meaning of the relevant song "paean" ().
- The literal meaning of Purakkad is "out of forest".
- Their literal meaning is "sandalwood mountain".
- The literal meaning of Korkeasaari is "Tall Island/Islet".
- Ardwold is a Gaelic term meaning "high, green hill".
- The name Folly comes from an Old English term meaning "dense foliage."
- The name "Gangwe" is derived from a popular 80's slang term meaning "hardcore".
- Kraus Kraus is a German surname meaning "curly".
- Stella (surname) Stella is a surname meaning "star".
- Schnabel Schnabel is a German surname meaning "beak".
- The name Todd is similar too but has different meaning.
- In ancient mathematics they had a different meaning from what they now have.
- But the song has a totally different meaning from what people would assume at first.
- The Final Self-Government Agreement is a Treaty within the meaning of ss.
- Affidavit is not treated as "evidence" within the meaning of Section 3 of the Evidence Act.
- An intervener who intervened during appeal proceedings is, however, not treated as appellant, but merely as party as of right within the meaning of .
- Various suggestions exist as to the true meaning of "Danny Boy".
- This assertion leads to the true meaning of <nowiki>fair use</nowiki>.
- In a later interview, Justin was able to be more candid about the song's true meaning.
- Here, the meaning behind the opening flashback is revealed.
- The meaning behind the group's name is based on the word "scarf".
- The meaning behind an awareness ribbon depends on its colors and pattern.
- Symbolically, the questions are about the meaning of life.
- Owing to the study of Buddhist thought, he rethought the meaning of life.
- Kiatkamol played Kwan, a three-armed man in search of his meaning of life.
- Charles' achievements gave a new meaning to his name.
- But three diplomats give his life new meaning.
- Nietzsche's experience with philology also brought new meaning to the term.
- ‘3S’ is an abbreviation of the German word , meaning ‘tricable’.
- The word Paramarsh has its roots in the Sanskrit language, meaning ‘Supreme Thought’.
- Sorosis is a latinate word meaning 'aggregation' (from the Greek "sōros", meaning ‘heap’).
- But it has no meaning when taken in isolation, i.e.
- The VALOR number is a numeric code that intrinsically has no meaning.
- It is convenient to treat this as a "fill" character with no meaning otherwise.
- He uses both the physical form and symbolic meaning of the sonnet art form.
- Thus, the Taiwanese vernacular polemic had lost its symbolic meaning to them.
- The cloth band itself has a bright symbolic meaning of the way, destiny, protection.
- The term Suebi has a double meaning in the sources.
- In a further comic double meaning, the name implies impotence.
- The album cover has a double meaning.
- The range was named from the Shoshoni language meaning "grass".
- Kobeh is a name derived from the Shoshoni language meaning "face".
- Sawhave is a name taken from the Paiute language meaning "common sage".
- Let us assume that the event C has occurred – meaning 'I am happy'.
- The eve of this day is popularly called "Demera" in Amharic – meaning "Bonfire".
- Gramble publishes and/or hosts games instead of licensing them – meaning developers maintain full rights to their games.
- Bayt BAYT or Bayt (Arabic: or Hebrew: , both meaning "house") may refer to:
- Bar Aftab-e Sofla Bar Aftab-e Sofla () or Bar Aftab-e Pain (), both meaning "Lower Bar Aftab", may refer to:
- The name "Barbados" is from either the Portuguese term or the Spanish equivalent, , both meaning "the bearded ones".
- However, as with other stems, actual meaning differs from verb to verb.
- "Nonsuch" name comes from the French phrase meaning "of no equal".
- "Stand up guy" is an American phrase meaning a loyal and reliable friend.
- Omnia mutantur Omnia mutantur is a Latin phrase meaning "everything changes".
- Building trust has special meaning for social capital.
- The album contains 11 titles from King's songbook, all chosen because they have special meaning to Turner.
- The French word “comportement”, referring to one’s manner or bearing, has special meaning at Les Marmitons.
- The band's name doesn't have a specific meaning.
- That term now has a more specific meaning.
- "Samsen" has no specific meaning in Thai.
- "Nectomys" is derived from Greek words meaning "mouse" and "swimming".
- The name is a play on words meaning 9th Chandrabindoo or Not Chandrabindoo.
- Some languages do not answer yesses with single words meaning 'yes' or 'no'.
- The term "faldistory" has a similar meaning.
- Tawfik also has a similar meaning to the Greek Tobias (Τοβίας).
- The origin of is the verb , with a similar meaning to the Latin .
- “Himaliwu” meaning "Where the surf sounds loudly".
- Thus, guests referred to the place “Mahayhay,” meaning, many sighs.
- In Wales, it is a common variation of the surname “Hughes” meaning the son of “Hugh”.
- Halliwell commented about the album: "There's deeper meaning underneath if you care and choose to look.
- But Jihad also has a deeper meaning, its literal Arabic being 'struggle' or 'to strive in the path of God'.
- Some would find in this unity and in the washing of the feet the deeper meaning of the Communion bread in the other three gospels.
- The exact meaning of semasiology is somewhat obscure.
- The exact meaning of any of these terms varies from one system to another.
- Its exact meaning has changed over time as the study of evolution has progressed.
- There is confusion surrounding the intended meaning of "post" in the context of "postfeminism".
- The practice is discouraged and because flags tend to evoke feelings other than the intended meaning.
- There are a variety of possible origins of the "punta"'s intended meaning for the Garifuna dance and music it represents.
- The seasons are fixed across the game's servers, meaning that all players will experience the same conditions at the same time.
- The variation of CELP used in the FS-1016 is so-called ternary codebook, meaning that all excitation amplitudes are either +1, −1 or 0.
- The Schlegel diagram of a closed fullerene is a graph that is planar and 3-regular (or "cubic"; meaning that all vertices have degree 3.